APIs & Integrations

Curryp
Participant

Launch Dynamic URL from Company page w/ User Email + Property

I have a 3rd party service that provides detailed company insights in web-based reports. I have a url that will directly open the report but the link requires two parameters: Company Public ID (which I have in the company record) and Current User Email address. So I need to create a dynamic activity, or link, or action, or something, that would launch a url in a new tab/window from the Company page. The url format would be like: http://app.example.com/report?user=<user email>&id=<company.id>

How could this be implemented?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Curryp
Participant

I have two thoughts on how this might be implemented, but I don't know how to do either one. 1) a js would need to run everytime the Company page loads. the js would create the url pulling data from the current company and current user and then update a propery with the url link. OR, 2) a custom button/action would be added to the Company page that would run the js that would create the url and launch a new tab.

I just don't know enough about Hubspot customization/development to know what is possible. I have done the second option in Dynamics before.

0 Upvotes
Jaycee_Lewis
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Curryp 👋 Can you share more about what you've already tried? Additional details can help the community better understand how to approach your problem. This helps the community better understand if they can help and if so, how they might think about tacking a project like this.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Curryp
Participant

I added more context and thoughts.

0 Upvotes