APIs & Integrations

demian

Is there a way to query a Contact by some kind of GUID and not autoincremental ID?

I am generating urls with contact id as parameter for a website that uses it to fetch contact information and display it. This is not safe because the contact id is auto incremental and anyone can change the id and access someone elses private information.

Is there any way to use some more compley type of id such as a GUID?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
ChrisoKlepke
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Is there a way to query a Contact by some kind of GUID and not autoincremental ID?

Hey @demian

sorry that it took me a while to get back to you. Got numerous things on my desk and your question isn't that straightforward to answer. 

Here is what I gathered from your last a message:

The personalization you want to display is based on HubSpot Object data from other portals. As far as I understood, you're not pulling the data into another system and the page you're creating for this use case is also not a HubSpot landing or website. Did I get that right?

If so, the aforementioned link wouldn't really help you. Because it only concerns cases where you would want to access data on a HubSpot landing page to display from the same HubSpot portal. For the users this requires a membership access for the page, and therefore you would need HubSpot CMS Enterprise. But again... not truly applying to you, I'm afraid.

Creating a different identifier can be done, I think. However, there is another problem that you already mentioned, and that is API limits. I had a similar case with a client not to long ago where we would run into burst limit errors. See more info here:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/usage-details

This can be solved with the following requirements:

• API Add-On purchased
  • Using OAuth authentication method

Let me know if I understood you wrong at some points or there is more I can help with.

Cheers, 

Chriso

ChrisoKlepke

Hey @demian ,

would you mind telling us a bit more about your setup? Are you working within the HubSpot CMS or some other external site where you query stuff from HubSpot, leveraging the API? What licenses do you have for HubSpot?

I'm asking because my first thought jump to this feature where you can use CRM Object data on your pages safely behind a login:

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/cms/data/crm-objects

Thanks for the info.

Cheers, 

Chriso

0 Upvotes
demian

Its a Hubspot integration where our clients connect with our platform, give us access to their contacts and companies. Then they send an email through hubspot to their contacts with a link to our site that should be personalized with the contacts information. The site should receive some kind of identifier so it can fetch the contact information using a Lambda function as intermediary, although after seeing the quota limits it might not work for us.

Would something like this be possible with a Landing Page? Already tried with a Website and personalization tokens, but dont quite understand where is the contact data coming from it there is no way to send a personalized url.