APIs & Integrations

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post so please be gentle! My company is a certified partner running an app called Threads which is using Oauth on the hubspot api to get and post things like contacts and enagagements. It's been working fine for about 2 years, and on friday it all stopped working, after a bit of digging I discovered our IP had been banned by hubspot. We're having to change our servers to bypass this issue as it's currently losing us customers and money, but I'm surprised by this action and would like to understand in order to avoid it happening again in the future. My understanding was that the rate limit for api calls was reset daily and that worst case scenario if it was hit it would just result in calls being blocked, not a brutal IP ban! Can you please explain? Is there any way to specify our public IP and allowlist it or something? Thank you for your help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hello all,

@ThreadsHelp2018 ,  you should have received an email explaining the situation, but in an effort to close the loop will add some context here as well.

Some requests being sent were malformed and retried repeatedly until daily limit was hit.  That combination triggered our system to consider it as suspicious behavior and blocked the IP address from making additional requests. 

@ThreadsHelp2018 , you should be good to go.  Don't hesitate to ask questions here in the future! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hi @ThreadsHelp2018 

Having used and recommended Threads a number of times, I really sorry to hear about the problems you are facing. I would have thought there would be a point of contact on the ecosystem side that could help you resolve this? @jennysowyrda - can you recommend someone?

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hey @ThreadsHelp2018 , I am going to take a look at this now.  WIll get back to you as soon as I have info. 

@Phil_Vallender , thanks for bringing this to our attention (I am going to cut in line in front of @jennysowyrda  here 😀)

dennisedson
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hello all,

@ThreadsHelp2018 ,  you should have received an email explaining the situation, but in an effort to close the loop will add some context here as well.

Some requests being sent were malformed and retried repeatedly until daily limit was hit.  That combination triggered our system to consider it as suspicious behavior and blocked the IP address from making additional requests. 

@ThreadsHelp2018 , you should be good to go.  Don't hesitate to ask questions here in the future! 

PParizot

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hello,

i don't know why but my ip was banned of hupspot and i don't understand why...

i found your contact in a conversation about the problem. Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance !

Pariozt Pierre 

9FF41FA4-4780-4979-83A3-97F646CCDE78.png

30ED3AE0-34E8-4C78-A6B7-058C09A7D98E.png

  

0 Upvotes
JRobbani

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

Hi Dennis,

We are a co-working space and have the same issue.

What do you from me in order to resolve our members issue.

Thanks,

Junior

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

IP Banned by hubspot

SOLVE

@JRobbani 

We will need more details to be able to assist here.

What do you mean by "members issue"?  Have you corrected any malformed calls  you are making?

0 Upvotes