APIs & Integrations

edev
Participant

How to check email events/status for every email we are sending to the users.

SOLVE

Hi Team,

We are planning to integrate hubspot Marketing email in our application to send the transactional and attachment emails to the users.

I have below queries related to the hubspot API  to send transactional email to the users.

1) Can we use Hubspot SMTP Client/API to send the attachment emails to the customers?

2) How to check the email events/status for each email send request to the users like processed, delivered, bounce, spamreport etc in Single-Send API?

As per the hubspot documentation, below are the response we can get from email send status-API (statusId : coming in single-send api response).
SendResult ? - Possible results when attempting to send email,it will give below
results like "QUEUED","SENT" etc, so again need to identify the actual status like
delivered, bounce,spamreport etc.
EventId ?: if email is sent, then ID and timestamp of the sent event can be used
to get the event details,but again its value may be blank in some cases. How to
identify the status of the email .

3) And how to get the email events or status in case of hubspot SMPT API for each email send request ?

4) SMTP API tokens generated through the public API expire after 12 months
      Is there any way to get never-expring tokens?

5) How to implement user unsubscribe functionality through webhooks?
Propertychange subscription can be used ?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Teun
Solution
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @edev ,

I currently only have an answer to your first question. Right now, it is only possible to send an attachment with an email using the SMTP API. Sadly, you can not use the Single Send API to send an email with an attachment. 
I've built a NodeJS app with Express that I use to send emails using the SMTP API for any mails that require an attachment. I use a workflow with a webhook to trigger my NodeJS app.

I am willing to share the code if you need some help.

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
edev
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Team,

Can you please provide some hints/updates on other queries?

1) How to check the email events/status for each email send request to the users like processed, delivered, bounce, spamreport etc in Single-Send API and SMTP API ?

As per the hubspot documentation, below are the response we can get from email send status-API (statusId : coming in single-send api response).
SendResult ? - Possible results when attempting to send email,it will give below
results like "QUEUED","SENT" etc, so again need to identify the actual status like
delivered, bounce,spamreport etc.
EventId ?: if email is sent, then ID and timestamp of the sent event can be used
to get the event details,but again its value may be blank in some cases. How to
identify the status of the email .

2) SMTP API tokens generated through the public API expire after 12 months
      Is there any way to get never-expring tokens?

3) How to implement user unsubscribe functionality through webhooks?
Propertychange subscription can be used ?

@dennisedson  @Teun 

0 Upvotes
Teun

SOLVE

Also, make sure to upvote these ideas: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Attachments-for-transactional-emails/idi-p/487720

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-file-attachments-to-marketing-mails/idi-p/33683

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

Teun
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @edev ,

I currently only have an answer to your first question. Right now, it is only possible to send an attachment with an email using the SMTP API. Sadly, you can not use the Single Send API to send an email with an attachment. 
I've built a NodeJS app with Express that I use to send emails using the SMTP API for any mails that require an attachment. I use a workflow with a webhook to trigger my NodeJS app.

I am willing to share the code if you need some help.

edev
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @Teun for the reply.  

Please share the code as well as you mentioned in the above comment for the webhooks implementation.

And please also suggest who can provide the answers for the remaining questions asked above.

Thanks,

edev

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@edev ,

I would like you to meet @Teun .  He is a wiz kid and can probably help you out!

0 Upvotes