APIs & Integrations

AZuberi

Couldn’t complete the connection This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Ma

SOLVE

Hi,
Just started receiving this error: 

"Couldn’t complete the connection

This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Marketplace to install this app."

When trying to connect to a marketplace app that is currently being developed. Any ideas?
1 Accepted solution
RHZaman
Solution

Couldn’t complete the connection This install link is no longer valid. Please visit HubSpot's App Ma

SOLVE

If anyone is still having the problem, go to your app and in the auth section copy the `Install URL (OAuth)` again. As mentioned by @e5an hubspot changed their scopes and lagecy scopes like contacts are no longer available, rather they were broken down to granular scopes. So as those scopes were added to you app, the install URL has also changed. My problem was fixed by changing the install URL.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
RHZaman
Solution

SOLVE

If anyone is still having the problem, go to your app and in the auth section copy the `Install URL (OAuth)` again. As mentioned by @e5an hubspot changed their scopes and lagecy scopes like contacts are no longer available, rather they were broken down to granular scopes. So as those scopes were added to you app, the install URL has also changed. My problem was fixed by changing the install URL.

AZuberi

SOLVE

Is HubSpot looking into this?

0 Upvotes
Mindstamp

SOLVE

We are also now experiencing this issue out of nowhere. Super frustrating and affecting many of our users. Please help ASAP HubSpot!

0 Upvotes
e5an
Contributor

SOLVE

I just found the reason for this. Hubspot automatically checked off 14 new access scopes under the CRM tab. My old install link had the 'contacts' scope and two others. There is no 'contacts' scope any more. I removed 'contacts' from the link since it was not actually being used and unchecked all the CRM scopes, and now the app works again. If the same thing happened to you and you were using the 'contacts' scope for something, you probably need to update the URL with the 14 new CRM scopes that replaced it.

0 Upvotes
e5an
Contributor

SOLVE

I figured it out. In the app's Auth Settings tab; there were only 2 Scopes I origianlly set- 'settings.users.read' and 'settings.users.teams.read'. Those are the ones that are still in the URL. Somehow 14 additional scopes got checked in the 'CRM' category. See if that's what happened to yours too.

0 Upvotes
mushparker
Participant

SOLVE

hi e5an, all of the 21 scopes in my Install URL match the scopes the 21 scopes I have checked off. I'm still getting this error. 

0 Upvotes
Roham
Participant

SOLVE

We are also having the same problem since yesterday!
Note: our app is not listed yet.

omaro
Participant

SOLVE

I'm also having this issue. the application was working fine, suddenly i start to get this message without doing any updates/changes

mushparker
Participant

SOLVE

I'm also having this issue. It started on Friday and I haven't been able to sort it out. Another thread mentioned scope but I haven't identified that as the issue. I reached out to Hubspot and they didnt have an answer, directing me towards the dev community. Any help is much appreciated.