APIs & Integrations

dcornelljames

Cannot use HTML list in single-send email

SOLVE

Hi, 

I need to create a table with custom values sent through the single send email api.  I am using the contact properties as instructed here 

I am also sending the list as HTML as instructed here 

The issue is that no matter what I do, the HTML gets inserted into the email as HTML with all markup escaped.  How do I instruct the property insertion to not escape the HTML and render the table rows?  

Thanks in advance.  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MichaelC
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcornelljames 

This is due to that in JSON (where the code is sent) all tags have been escaped with backlashes "\". You need to strip these backlashes from your code between the response and you printing it onto site. 

This is totally depending on the language you code in - but in PHP (which I use) the correct way to do it would be

$response = some_response_from_a_call. 

$html = stripslashes ($response);

If you do not code in PHP - please look up similar to stripslashes in your coding language. 

Json needs to be sent with backslash in order not to understand the content as content and not as code. Its a way of transporing your code in a safe way from one place - to the other.

Need further help with integrations or business development?

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

Upvote the following ideas:

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
MichaelC
Solution
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dcornelljames 

This is due to that in JSON (where the code is sent) all tags have been escaped with backlashes "\". You need to strip these backlashes from your code between the response and you printing it onto site. 

This is totally depending on the language you code in - but in PHP (which I use) the correct way to do it would be

$response = some_response_from_a_call. 

$html = stripslashes ($response);

If you do not code in PHP - please look up similar to stripslashes in your coding language. 

Json needs to be sent with backslash in order not to understand the content as content and not as code. Its a way of transporing your code in a safe way from one place - to the other.

Need further help with integrations or business development?

Want to help me?

Go to the following links and read through the ideas. If you like them - give the idea an upvote

Upvote the following ideas:

dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @dcornelljames 

Would you mind adding your code here so we can check it out?

Throwing @MichaelC at this as he answered one of the two posts you linked to