APIs & Integrations

DDelGrosso

CRM Connected App w/ CRM Card not showing

SOLVE

Hello everyone!

I created a Connected App through the developer portal and was able to install it to my Dashboard. It shows in the Connected apps  as expected.

The issue is now that it will NOT show in the Contacts area where I am expecting to see it. I am completely lost with this.

I have tried:
 - uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

- ensuring I have the right scopes

- authorizing the app again through the API with the code given back.

If anyone has any insight please reach out.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
lindahl
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDelGrosso , 

The information you share is a little bit limited, there's so much possibilities on what could have gone wrong here, but let me guess some, have you tried the following?

• Test other api endpoints instead of CRM cards?
    • This is to confirm your authentication works on the right account, so we can scratch the misconfiguration of authentication out.
  • What happens if you disconnect your app from existing test account?
    • This is to confirm that data might go into existing account but not the right production account.
  • Restart server of your application (If any)
    • Could be some cache? Some apps need to restart for it to work if you made some modification.
  • Are you using the same test data in test account vs product account? How about trying out a completely different contact or contact id? Would that help?
    • This could lead to the existing code that worked might be still binded to the test account you're using.

The reason why I pointed the above out is to avoid any duplication, cache, or misconfiguration that could lead to this issue, since you mention it works totally fine in test account.

I was helping our client the another day on his integration and it turns out that even though I settled the auth from my end, but since the application is located in his environment, he needs to manually re-authenticate it again. After he have done with the authentication, it's still not working not until he deleted his previous records and try it with a complete new object (contact, deal, tickets, etc.).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
ShubhSaxena
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi DDelGrosso ,

Have you found anything on your issue, I am also facing the same issue, I created the CRM card for the deal object on the test portal and everything worked perfectly fine there but when I switched everything on the client's production portal the issue get started, the card is displaying on the deal but using that card we are creating a link and that link is not getting displayed  

0 Upvotes
DDelGrosso

SOLVE

Hello!

Sadly I have not found an answer to my issue just yet. I have been pulled away onto other projects for the time being but this will be revisted in the near future.

If you are having trouble displaying the link it could be due to the type of field you set for it on the CRM card OR the actual JSON object the card is receiving is not properly formatted for it.

I figured out that formatting issue via https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/custom-cards in the webhooks tab. It shows you an overview of what the object should look like. I hope that helps. If not we will keep searching together!

0 Upvotes
RMones
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DDelGrosso ,

Do you have maybe any checks on portal id's? webhook validation or something else?

Do you see the Contacts CRM Card without content? Of isn't it visible at the production environment? 

Regards Ronald

0 Upvotes
DDelGrosso

SOLVE

Hello!

I do not see the card appear at all in the production env.

When creating it I did receive the issue where there was a card but an error loading the content. This I found to be due to the receiving JSON object being incorrect. I fixed that issue and it worked great in the test account. But now production just doesn't wanna show me a dang card.

0 Upvotes
lindahl
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @DDelGrosso , 

The information you share is a little bit limited, there's so much possibilities on what could have gone wrong here, but let me guess some, have you tried the following?

• Test other api endpoints instead of CRM cards?
    • This is to confirm your authentication works on the right account, so we can scratch the misconfiguration of authentication out.
  • What happens if you disconnect your app from existing test account?
    • This is to confirm that data might go into existing account but not the right production account.
  • Restart server of your application (If any)
    • Could be some cache? Some apps need to restart for it to work if you made some modification.
  • Are you using the same test data in test account vs product account? How about trying out a completely different contact or contact id? Would that help?
    • This could lead to the existing code that worked might be still binded to the test account you're using.

The reason why I pointed the above out is to avoid any duplication, cache, or misconfiguration that could lead to this issue, since you mention it works totally fine in test account.

I was helping our client the another day on his integration and it turns out that even though I settled the auth from my end, but since the application is located in his environment, he needs to manually re-authenticate it again. After he have done with the authentication, it's still not working not until he deleted his previous records and try it with a complete new object (contact, deal, tickets, etc.).

DDelGrosso

SOLVE

@lindahl 
Hello, I was hoping to hear back from someone about a possible solution to my issue.

I tried creating a new Connected App with a CRM Card and it still does the same thing; I can install and see it on the Test Account but once I try to install it on production it does not show. I have done the OAuth flow the exact same for each account. I am really at a loss.

Some extra info:
AppID:

Portal ID:

Any customer ID doesn't show on production.

0 Upvotes
DDelGrosso

SOLVE

Hello Lindahl,

I have tried all you have suggested with still no success. I still do not see my CRM Card on the Contacts side panel as I expect.

Could anyone help me with this?

0 Upvotes
DDelGrosso

SOLVE

Hello Lindahl,

Thank you for replying.

So as far I have tried all of these items you listed.

But for posterity sake I'll go through them again and list out what I found.

1. Test other API endpoints:
All our other connected apps are running and hitting endpoints daily so this does not seem to be an issue.
2. Disconnecting app:
I tried disconnecting from the test account and production and then just installing on production. But still no dice.

3.Restart:
Our app is an API app running live and being hit daily by us and our websites. So this also does not seem to be an issue. It also gets restarted when we make changes via CI/CD.
4. Test Data:
Sadly this is not it either. Our test account has completely different data (IE contacts) then our production account. I have tried opening multiple contacts with no CRM card in sight as well as no API endpoint hits in the logs on the Connected App or our API.

So, sadly this doesn't answer my problems.

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

@RMones , any thoughts on this?

@DDelGrosso , are you seeing anything in the app logs?

0 Upvotes
DDelGrosso

SOLVE

Sadly, no. The only things in the app logs are from my test account. Nothing is coming in from the Production.

Everything works perfectly in the Test Account but when I went to actually install on the Production account it just won't show on the Contact side bar like expected.

0 Upvotes