APIs & Integrations

Augustus
Top Contributor

Archived deals - deleted or different

SOLVE

In the Deals API, there is a query parameter for "Archived" - does this return deals that have been "Deleted" through the front end CRM application or is there some other way to put deals into an "Archived" status?

If it is just "Deleted" deals, is there a configuration to permanently retain these Deleted deals?  When going through the Delete action, it indicates that the deal will only be recoverable for up to 90 days.  However, I want to permanently retain these deals but just in an Archived status so that we can view them at a later point or even re-activate them.

On top of that, I want to retain them within the pipeline-stage they were in at the time when they were archived rather than move them to a different pipeline-stage for archiving.

1 Accepted solution
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Augustus 👋 Thanks for reaching out. To confirm, you are not missing any documented options around archived/deleted. In this context, they are equivalent. 

Things to note:

• Records showing as archived are located in the Recycling bin in-app
  • Records deleted via the Delete endpoint are also moved to the Recycling bin and will show as “archived” in a response body
  • All archived/deleted records in the recycling bin are subject to the 90 deletion policy. This is not behaviour we can get around or adjust.
  • There is not a permanent archive feature as you are describing
  • Additionally, your request for “I want to retain them within the pipeline-stage they were in at the time when they were archived rather than move them to a different pipeline-stage for archiving” is not currently possible. I agree, this would be a useful addition.

If you have a moment, adding your suggestion to the Ideas Community and getting some upvotes will be very helpful in getting your suggestion in front of the Product team. If you add a link back to your Idea post, I'll be sure to give it an upvote to help get the ball rolling.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Jaycee_Lewis
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi, @Augustus 👋 Thanks for reaching out. To confirm, you are not missing any documented options around archived/deleted. In this context, they are equivalent. 

Things to note:

• Records showing as archived are located in the Recycling bin in-app
  • Records deleted via the Delete endpoint are also moved to the Recycling bin and will show as “archived” in a response body
  • All archived/deleted records in the recycling bin are subject to the 90 deletion policy. This is not behaviour we can get around or adjust.
  • There is not a permanent archive feature as you are describing
  • Additionally, your request for “I want to retain them within the pipeline-stage they were in at the time when they were archived rather than move them to a different pipeline-stage for archiving” is not currently possible. I agree, this would be a useful addition.

If you have a moment, adding your suggestion to the Ideas Community and getting some upvotes will be very helpful in getting your suggestion in front of the Product team. If you add a link back to your Idea post, I'll be sure to give it an upvote to help get the ball rolling.

Best,

Jaycee

linkedin

Jaycee Lewis

Developer Community Manager

Community | HubSpot

0 Upvotes
Augustus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @Jaycee_Lewis .  The permanent archive is critical for us because we want to analyze our deal performance based on the stages in the pipeline (% of deals that progress to each stage of the pipeline and how long do each deal remain in the stage).

GBeckwith
Contributor

SOLVE

Similar to this post, is there a delay between when I delete a few hundred deals in the HS front-end, and the API client get_all to pull all deals?  I seem to be pulling the deals that I deleted this morning, however, their archived status is set to False.  I have also tried pulling by archived=FALSE, but I get the same row count.  Any other property of the Deal I can use to pull only what is in the HS front-end?  I don't want the archived records.  I don't follow the recycle bin comment above, if I could permanently delete the archived deals, that would probably be best.

Augustus
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@GBeckwith by the "recycle bin" I think she is referring to where to recover the deleted deals and also to view which deals are deleted/archived - I believe this is under teh Deals view in the front end and then go "Actions" => "Restore Properties".  You could check to see that the deals you have deleted/archived are showing here rather than in the active deals list.  I have not had that issue where deals I have deleted/archived are still pulling through the API but I have not tested extensively to see whether or not there is a timing delay.  False is the default; have you tried running "True" to see if you get a different set of deals?  Also try different forms of True/False (True/False, true/false, TRUE/FALSE) to see if that matters.

0 Upvotes
GBeckwith
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the response.  I think what I am seeing is that the Deals will not be deleted via the API is they still have associations tied to them (Company in my case).  Was getting a 204 return message NO CONTENT.  But, I have also found that deleting the Deal manually in the front end UI removes both the deals and their associations.  So, I just deleted the few hundred manually.

0 Upvotes