APIs & Integrations

klingtreasurer

Adding an engagement to a queue

As an integration developer I wish to add engagements I create via the API to a named queue. I don’t see properties on an Engagement to do this nor any API documentation for Queues.
Much thanks for anyone who can point me to the docs to do this.

3 Replies 3
Derek_Gervais
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @klingtreasurer,

It’s not currently possible to add tasks to task queues via the API. I’d be interested in hearing your use case; what’re you looking to do with task queues? Additionally if you have the inclination, I would encourage you to consider posting your use case to the Ideas Forum on the HubSpot Community.

0 Upvotes
conedodger
Participant

@Derek_Gervais , @klingtreasurer  Do you know if you can now add engagements to a queue now in 2019? I'm trying to do something similar.

Thanks!

TShma
Contributor

We've found a kind of patchy workaround. Engagements have this field hs_queue_membership_ids that you can set via API with the queue id. The problem is getting the ids and make it robust with mapping via names - we didn't find a way to do it yet. But if brute force is okay for you, you can manually set an Engagement to a queue through Hubspot, use API to get this engagement and the above field and by that knowing its id. Do it for all queues you have got, and create a local hard-coded map (that's terrible practice, of course, but what can we do without a dedicated API?)

0 Upvotes