⚙ Operations Hub

CaBisc
Participant

Script: Deduplicate Contacts based on firstname, lastname & company name

Hello, 
I've build the following custom code to deduplicate contacts based on 3 constants: firstname, lastname and company name: 

const DEDUPE_PROPERTY1 = 'firstname';
const DEDUPE_PROPERTY2 = 'lastname';
const DEDUPE_PROPERTY3 = 'company';

const hubspot = require('api_key');

exports.main = (event, callback) => {
// Make sure to add your API key under "Secrets" above.
const hubspotClient = new hubspot.Client({
accessToken: process.env.secretName
});

hubspotClient.crm.contacts.basicApi
.getById(event.object.objectId, [DEDUPE_PROPERTY1, DEDUPE_PROPERTY2, DEDUPE_PROPERTY3])
.then(contactResult => {
let dedupePropValue1 = contactResult.body.properties[DEDUPE_PROPERTY1];
let dedupePropValue2 = contactResult.body.properties[DEDUPE_PROPERTY2];
let dedupePropValue3 = contactResult.body.properties[DEDUPE_PROPERTY3];

console.log(`Looking for duplicates based on ${DEDUPE_PROPERTY1} = ${dedupePropValue1}, ${DEDUPE_PROPERTY2} = ${dedupePropValue2}, ${DEDUPE_PROPERTY3} = ${dedupePropValue3}`);

hubspotClient.crm.contacts.searchApi
.doSearch({
filterGroups: [
{
filters: [
{
propertyName: DEDUPE_PROPERTY1,
operator: 'EQ',
value: dedupePropValue1
},
{
propertyName: DEDUPE_PROPERTY2,
value: dedupePropValue2
},
{
propertyName: DEDUPE_PROPERTY3,
value: dedupePropValue3
}
]
}
]
})
.then(searchResults => {
let idsToMerge = searchResults.body.results
.map(object => object.id)
.filter(vid => Number(vid) !== Number(event.object.objectId));

if (idsToMerge.length == 0) {
console.log('No matching contact, nothing to merge');
return;
} else if (idsToMerge.length > 1) {
console.log(`Found multiple potential contact IDs ${idsToMerge.join(', ')} to merge`);
throw new Error("Ambiguous merge; more than one matching contact");
}

let idToMerge = idsToMerge[0];
console.log(`Merging enrolled contact id=${event.object.objectId} into contact id=${idToMerge}`);
hubspotClient
.apiRequest({
method: 'POST',
path: `/contacts/v1/contact/merge-vids/${idToMerge}`,
body: {
vidToMerge: event.object.objectId
}
})
.then(mergeResult

But when I test it I get this error: 

: The logs for this function have exceeded the 4KB limit.
2023-03-10T08:15:38.319Z	undefined	ERROR	Uncaught Exception 	{"errorType":"Runtime.UserCodeSyntaxError","errorMessage":"SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list","stack":["Runtime.UserCodeSyntaxError: SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list","    at _loadUserApp (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:993:17)","    at async Object.UserFunction.js.module.exports.load (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1031:21)","    at async start (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1194:23)","    at async file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1200:1"]}
2023-03-10T08:15:39.800Z	undefined	ERROR	Uncaught Exception 	{"errorType":"Runtime.UserCodeSyntaxError","errorMessage":"SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list","stack":["Runtime.UserCodeSyntaxError: SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list","    at _loadUserApp (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:993:17)","    at async Object.UserFunction.js.module.exports.load (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1031:21)","    at async start (file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1194:23)","    at async file:///var/runtime/index.mjs:1200:1"]}
START RequestId: 14fda2fd-3ac4-4916-90c7-9a61b0c315ec Version: $LATEST
Unknown application error occurred
Runtime.UserCodeSyntaxError

Memory: 13/128 MB
Runtime: 1679.44 ms

Do you know why?
Can you help make sure my script works? I'm not super efficient in js

Thank you so much !!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
CaBisc
Participant

@Jaycee_Lewis do you have any idea on how to solve this error?

Should I split the code in several bits?

0 Upvotes
AnaWilliam

It looks like the error is caused by a missing closing parenthesis ')' somewhere in your code. From the error message, it's hard to tell exactly where the error is occurring. However, I noticed that the code you provided is incomplete - it seems to be missing the end of the .then block where the mergeResult variable is being passed as an argument.

To help you debug the issue, you could try using a code editor or IDE that has syntax highlighting and error checking features. This can make it easier to spot syntax errors like missing parentheses or brackets.

Additionally, I would recommend adding some console.log statements throughout your code to help identify where the error is occurring. You could start by adding a console.log statement at the end of the .then block where the mergeResult variable is being passed as an argument. This can help you confirm that the mergeResult variable is defined and has the expected value.

Here is an example of what the missing code might look like:

javascriptCopy code
hubspotClient .apiRequest({ method: 'POST', path: `/contacts/v1/contact/merge-vids/${idToMerge}`, body: { vidToMerge: event.object.objectId } }) .then(mergeResult => { console.log('Merge result:', mergeResult); }) .catch(error => { console.error('Error merging contacts:', error); });

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @CaBisc,

Your log is too large. Hubspot has an article about this and suggests this solution. 

"If you receive this error: A server error occurred: WARNING: The logs for this function have exceeded the 4KB limit, your log is too large. This can be caused by trying to console log a very large object, or by a lot of separate console logs. To resolve this, reduce how much you're trying to log, hit your endpoint, then run the command again."

I hope that helps,

Eli

Problem solver @ crmsquad 

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CaBisc
Participant

Hello Eli!

Thank you so much for your reply (sorry for my late reply I just saw this). 
I'm not very good at coding, would you know how I could implement the solution you suggested in my script?

0 Upvotes