⚙ Operations Hub

Jon-RevenueOps
Contributor | Gold Partner

HubSpot and Outreach Sync Issues

So, I was just wrapping up a piesync project between Outreach and HubSpot yesterday when Ops Hub dropped. 

For context, we can't sync either complete database to the other platform due to sensitive information in HubSpot, and Outreach being used by the outsourced SDR team and having multiple companies in there. 

I am struggling with 3 massive limitations in OpsHub that I had figured out workarounds on in piesync. 

Issue 1, we were using outreach users to control which contacts came to Hubspot. I need to sync contacts that are owned by two people. I can only select one owner.  Piesync had the same issue, but that is where I get into issue 2.

#2 You can only have one sync set up between apps - so, I can't set up a second sync for the second user (which is what I did with piesync to get around this limitation)

#3 The actions functionality doesn't seem to have been recreated in OpsHub, which allowed you to set ownership, add to lists, etc. I know this can be done to a certain extent with workflows, but the triggers seem to be much more limited, especially with the single sync. I was using these actions to compensate for the inability to sync dropdowns. 

Are there any plans to get the multiple syncs? or how should I solve this issue? 

4 Replies 4
Jon-RevenueOps

Thanks @jbogaert I appreciate it!

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Jon-RevenueOps wrote:

Issue 1, we were using outreach users to control which contacts came to Hubspot. I need to sync contacts that are owned by two people. I can only select one owner.  Piesync had the same issue, but that is where I get into issue 2.

#2 You can only have one sync set up between apps - so, I can't set up a second sync for the second user (which is what I did with piesync to get around this limitation)

#3 The actions functionality doesn't seem to have been recreated in OpsHub, which allowed you to set ownership, add to lists, etc. I know this can be done to a certain extent with workflows, but the triggers seem to be much more limited, especially with the single sync. I was using these actions to compensate for the inability to sync dropdowns. 

Are there any plans to get the multiple syncs? or how should I solve this issue? 

Hi Jon,

Thanks for this post. As a former PieSync Support rep, I'm happy to try and answer your questions.

In short, I think you're better off using PieSync for the time being. PieSync will still be live until the end of this year. By the time it is sunset, Data Sync will have improved tremendously, resolving a lot of the issues you're currently facing with it. However, if you want to give Data Sync a go now, here's what I would suggest:

1. Better filtering is coming. For now, I would recommend for you to rely on an Outreach tag to sync. Outreach should allow you to give the contacts of your two owners the same unique tag. In Data Sync (and in PieSync) you can then use that tag as a filter.
  2. In PieSync, it is possible to select two owners. You just have to create two separate IF/THEN rules for that. Having two separate PieSync connections syncing the same accounts is inefficient and can cause conflicts down the line. That's why with data sync we've decided to only allow an account to be connected once. 
  3. I just talked to our data sync team and we're not going to replicate this functionality in data sync. Essentially, using 'actions' to sync ownership always has been a workaround. Our goal with data sync, is to not rely on workaround and have our mappings work the way people would expect them. So in the future, you'll be able to map the owner field just like any other field in the field mappings. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Upvotes
Jon-RevenueOps

I wish, I could stay on PieSync while ops hub matures. Unfortunately, we are on the trial, and they are no longer accepting customers. I have 2 days left on my trial and need to create a solution. 

0 Upvotes
jbogaert
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@Jon-RevenueOps wrote:

I wish, I could stay on PieSync while ops hub matures. Unfortunately, we are on the trial, and they are no longer accepting customers. I have 2 days left on my trial and need to create a solution. 

Hi Jon, 

I've just talked with my former colleagues and they came up with a potential solution for you. They'll reach out to you via email later today!

0 Upvotes