💬 RevOps Discussions

RalphDuin

What tool do you use on top of Hubspot for detailed Goal setting?

Hi, we've tried all of the hubspot reports but they do not satisfy use enough in goal setting. For example, I would like to set these goals;

• Generate 10 Qualified Opportunities (a deal stage) in January for team 1. Only count if they are Direct Sales (HS prop) and Land Deals (HS prop). I could get the actual from Hubspot, but no way to relate to a goal.
  • Generate 100k new ARR, via direct sales (HS property) and in Land Deals (HS prop) in January. For team 1. I can get the actuals out, but no way to relate to a goal.

Our team is at least 60 sales, devided over 7 sales teams, so I need to think of automation in stead of endless manual sheets. I've tried loads of google sheets which were auto synced with HS but in the end the sheets start to fail because of the huge amounts of data.

How do you guys solve this?

Ralph

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Rolf
Contributor

We use the Power BI Integration from the app marketplace since 2018 and it has absolutely made my life better. They keep the integration updated and listen to feedback. I'm not sure how the onboarding is now, but I found them very helpful during the setup process.

If you're not familiar with Power BI: It's easy to learn, difficult to master. I reckon that for detailed Goal setting you don't need to be a pro if you understand which metrics to use - And from the description you've given I believe you do. Power BI can easily handle the amount of data and the integration makes sure your data is updated up to once an hour if necessary.

We use Power BI for a whole range of things. All our internal systems are cloud-based and most of these have integrations with HubSpot (like Jira and Slack for instance). I am currently building an end-to-end dashboard that analyzes contacts from lead to customer and beyond, such as time and resources spent on this customer per dollar revenue. This helps us understand what type of customer generates the most profit.

I'm not sure if you're looking for something like this, but if you do, let me know if you have any questions!

Good luck!

HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Also adding in this article which talks about how to use goals in your HubSpot reports: https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/a-short-guide-to-using-goals-in-custom-reports!

0 Upvotes
HadarS
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@ernopyykko @ridingforlife you expressed some expertise in reporting. How are you currently handling reporting against goals for your teams?

0 Upvotes