💬 RevOps Discussions

JAnderson04

Randomizing the final outcome of a workflow

SOLVE

Hi all, New to Hubspot, wondering if someone could help me.

Want to A/B test the MQLs. 20% going to further nurture.. and 80% going to Sales. Is there anyway this is possible? Coming from Marketo I can random in the live workflow. Does that exist in Hubspot? Any help would be great. 

Thanks!

James

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAnderson04,

Out of the box, by default, this is not possible in HubSpot workflows. It can however be achieved with custom code actions, requiring development and an Operations Hub Professional subscription: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/workflows/custom-code-actions

Alternatively, you could use an integration like Zapier / Google Sheets to populate a random number between 1 and 100 for each contact and then branch for values 1-20 and 21-100.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JAnderson04,

Out of the box, by default, this is not possible in HubSpot workflows. It can however be achieved with custom code actions, requiring development and an Operations Hub Professional subscription: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/workflows/custom-code-actions

Alternatively, you could use an integration like Zapier / Google Sheets to populate a random number between 1 and 100 for each contact and then branch for values 1-20 and 21-100.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JAnderson04

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten, ok I will have a deeper dive into these !

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

If upgrading to Operations Hub Professional is an option, @JAnderson04, let me know! Happy to jump on a call and share resources with you I personally find very helpful.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes