💬 RevOps Discussions

lindseygarrett
Contributor

Getting Creative with Zoom Webinars Integration - Using Hubspot Emails?

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

We are using the licensed Zoom Webinars to run an educational series for customers. As part of the integration, we really want to run emails out of Hubspot [anyone else hate the look of Zoom standard emails, and that it comes from zoom.us instead of your company's email??]

I'm running into an issue though and wondered if anyone else has dealt with this?

We are having attendees register for the webinar through Hubspot [they register on Hubspot, Hubspot via a workflow pushes the registration to Zoom].

They get a Hubspot custom email with the registration information. When an attendee then clicks on the URL to join, such as: Please click this URL to join. https://kalsec.zoom.us/s/96626930875?pwd=XXXXXX, it is then taking them out to the Zoom registration page to register again, yet showing the information they had already registered with for us. They have to ‘register’ again, then get the ‘registration approved’ screen, with another link to actually get into the webinar.

We really want the registration email confirmations coming from Hubspot, but this process seems like a LOT of clicks for an attendee to get into the webinar. Is there any way to jump to the ‘Webinar Registration Approve’ or jump over this step? We want attendees to have to register, but don’t want to make it so arduous on them, that they leave before joining the actual webinar?

Would love any solutions/processes anyone else has used for webinars via Zoom + Hubspot!

2 Accepted solutions
Amy_Brierley
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi - yes!

So rather than using just e.g. this URL: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF

Where the user has to click "Already Registered?" and then enter their email address
Get the URL of the webinar from ON24 and then add:
?mode=login&email={{contact.email}}
at the end.
So in this example the url would be https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF?mode=login&email={{contact.ema...}}
and when used in a Hubspot email this would change to e.g.:
https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF?mode=login&email=amy.brierley@...
Which takes me straight to the page for pre-registered participants, with my email pre-populated, so i just need to click one button to access the session.
Note that adding ?mode=login&email={{contact.email}} to a URL is just for emails sent from Hubspot (and NOT from ON24).

View solution in original post

C_Lowry
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for the clarification @lindseygarrett - yes it looks like @Amy_Brierley has a good solution in place for On24 so hopefully it works for Zoom (keep us posted on how your test goes).

I also reached out to the HubSpot Marketing Team and they told me their existing process for this - see below:

1. Create a HS landing page with our lead form and a kickback email that includes a link to the thank you page
  2. Create the Zoom webinar and copy the link
  3. We add the Zoom link as a CTA to the thank you page
You could also just put the Zoom link straight into the HS kickback email.

Hope this helps,
Colum

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
JHegde
Participant

SOLVE

Hi HS Community,

I have the same use case and I am trying to solve it. The "Last registered Zoom webinar" field directs the registrant back to Zoom registration page and does not create a personalized link. 

Has anyone been successful in creating a personalized link via confirmation email on HS for Zoom registrations?

0 Upvotes
lindseygarrett
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi All,

So, now I feel quite inadequate. But I love days solutions come together quickly!

I just got off a call with Zoom's technical support. The simple solution to this is to use the personalized token for the "Last registered Zoom webinar" field to build your login link. This gives the personalized login URL for each registered user, so we do not need to add modifiers. 

I had assumed this field only gave the name of the webinar, not the unique login URL. 

Problem solved - and thank you everyone for your insights!

Cheers,

Lindsey

Amy_Brierley
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi - yes!

So rather than using just e.g. this URL: https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF

Where the user has to click "Already Registered?" and then enter their email address
Get the URL of the webinar from ON24 and then add:
?mode=login&email={{contact.email}}
at the end.
So in this example the url would be https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF?mode=login&email={{contact.ema...}}
and when used in a Hubspot email this would change to e.g.:
https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/2260295/33B201EC40C5959E9C014E3D587127DF?mode=login&email=amy.brierley@...
Which takes me straight to the page for pre-registered participants, with my email pre-populated, so i just need to click one button to access the session.
Note that adding ?mode=login&email={{contact.email}} to a URL is just for emails sent from Hubspot (and NOT from ON24).

lindseygarrett
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey @Amy_Brierley  that is exactly the type of solution I was looking for! We are using Zoom, instead of On24. Does anyone know if these same parameters added to the URL work with Zoom as well [I can and will also be testing this].

Thanks!

C_Lowry
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for posting @lindseygarrett  - have you rasied a help ticket with our Support team around this? I believe that there is a way in the Zoom settings to automatically approve registrants which should remove a step in the process.

Let me loop in some people who have good experience with integrations as they might be able to share some best practice also:

@thesnappingdog@Jmernst ,@Amy_Brierley  have any of your teams used the Zoom integration and could provide some suggestions here?

lindseygarrett
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @C_Lowry ,

I didn't raise a support ticket since it's a Zoom thing instead of a Hubspot thing [Hubspot was rocking the integration], but was curious for any users that use both systems!

We do have registration automatically approved in Zoom. I'm guessing the challenge is because the inforamtion is coming from Hubspot so Zoom is wanting a second confirmation or something before giving them the login [even though they are registered]. @Amy_Brierley had a great recommendation that hopefully we can modify to fit Zoom.

Thanks all!

C_Lowry
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Thanks for the clarification @lindseygarrett - yes it looks like @Amy_Brierley has a good solution in place for On24 so hopefully it works for Zoom (keep us posted on how your test goes).

I also reached out to the HubSpot Marketing Team and they told me their existing process for this - see below:

1. Create a HS landing page with our lead form and a kickback email that includes a link to the thank you page
  2. Create the Zoom webinar and copy the link
  3. We add the Zoom link as a CTA to the thank you page
You could also just put the Zoom link straight into the HS kickback email.

Hope this helps,
Colum