💬 RevOps Discussions

Sebastian_Lauk
Participant

Delete HubSpot standard properties (i.e. Salutation)

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot community!

I'm not that new to HubSpot, but nonetheless new to this community. Happy to be here!

The HubSpot Standard property for salutation is a "Single Line Free Text" field type.
Because we wanted to use a Dropdown field type for form submissions for the salutation, we created a new property. In order to ensure high data quality and easy of manual use, I'd like to delete the standard property, so that no one has to mind which of the two salutation fields is the correct one.

Is this even possible in HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lauk,

Default properties cannot be deleted/archived. I understand your challenge and know it too well. Country/Region would be another example where a dropdown is a better option.

To make sure that the correct property is used, I usually name the custom property accordingly, e.g. Country (use instead of Country/Region).

It's not ideal but a solid workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Sebastian_Lauk,

Default properties cannot be deleted/archived. I understand your challenge and know it too well. Country/Region would be another example where a dropdown is a better option.

To make sure that the correct property is used, I usually name the custom property accordingly, e.g. Country (use instead of Country/Region).

It's not ideal but a solid workaround.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes