HubSpot Ideas

BNelson

Document Reporting - By Sales Rep

We need to be able to view which sales rep has shared which document. Having this to report up to our Exec team is huge. We want to see who is using them the most. It would be similar to the meeting reports where you can see how many meetings they have booked in a particular time frame, along with the type of meeting. 

HubSpot Updates
Re: Document Reporting - By Sales Rep
September 06, 2021 02:07 AM

Hey @Manoncptn! As per this Knowledge Base article, the Sales Content Analysis feature should be available to Sales Starter, Professional, and Enterprise customers.

Idea Submitted
February 04, 2021 03:03 AM

Ah, thanks for the additional context for your specific use case, @HappyChicken

You are correct, currently the user-filter in the Sales Content Analytics tool filters by which users have uploaded a document (i.e. the document owner), not which users have shared a document.

For this reason, I'm setting the idea back to its original status.

Delivered
October 07, 2020 07:13 AM

Hi @BNelson! It's currently possible to see which user has shared which document in the Sales Content Analytics tools. If you go to the top navigation and click on Reports > Analytics tools > Sales Content Analytics, you're able to choose the "Document" tab and then identify a particular user to view. This tells you which documents have been shared by the user, the number of views, average time spent viewing, etc.

1.png

Let me know if there is a particular functionality that you're looking for that's not available in this report!

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/analyze-your-sales-content-with-the-sales-content-analytics-tool

10 Replies
finn
Top Contributor

+1

mozkul
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @BNelson! It's currently possible to see which user has shared which document in the Sales Content Analytics tools. If you go to the top navigation and click on Reports > Analytics tools > Sales Content Analytics, you're able to choose the "Document" tab and then identify a particular user to view. This tells you which documents have been shared by the user, the number of views, average time spent viewing, etc.

1.png

Let me know if there is a particular functionality that you're looking for that's not available in this report!

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/reports/analyze-your-sales-content-with-the-sales-content-analytics-to...

HappyChicken
Participant

This is not delivered. I am - for example - the only person that uploads documents, but I want to keep track of the number of document shares of my sales team, which don't upload documents themselves.

It would be great to have a report showing how many times a Hubspot users shared documents in a certain period.

mozkul
HubSpot Product Team

Ah, thanks for the additional context for your specific use case, @HappyChicken

You are correct, currently the user-filter in the Sales Content Analytics tool filters by which users have uploaded a document (i.e. the document owner), not which users have shared a document.

For this reason, I'm setting the idea back to its original status.

SiddharthGarg91
Participant

Hi @HappyChicken @BNelson @finn ,

I believe this problem can be solved by the CloudFiles app, although it may require some minor tweaks in your process. CloudFiles is an enhancement over HubSpot Documents. It works in the context of your deal/contact/company. Moreover, in near future, we plan to report an admin overview which would show per-rep activity such as uploads, time spent by customers on the documents etc...

As I mentioned, it will require a minor tweak in your process. Since the app's widget is available in the deal/contact/company page, if you have your reps upload the documents into sales hub in their own records, CloudFiles overview will do the rest. In case this is not possible for you, we can perhaps come up with a workaround or note a feature for the future.

In any case, if you are interested, CloudFiles is available on marketplace.

Thanks

Manoncptn

Hi, 

I'm really interested in checking how our reps are using our documents but I can't find the Sales Content Analysis. Is it not accessible with all plans or did it by any chance disappear? 

Thanks, 

mozkul
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Manoncptn! As per this Knowledge Base article, the Sales Content Analysis feature should be available to Sales Starter, Professional, and Enterprise customers.

Manoncptn

Hi @mozkul , 

Thanks for the confirmation! 

birdman
Contributor

The current Document Analytics (under Analytical Tools > Sales Content Analytics) does not allow for reporting:
- Whom (which HubSpot user) has created the share (i.e. the unique link in the email). Some of our sales probably do, others attach PDFs (what we don't want)
- To whom the documents has been shared (HubSpot Contacts and Companies)
- In which lifecycle stage (for instance to customers, or to leads)

TWeese5

I would love to see reporting availability on documents for some other use cases as well.  Currently, there is no way to pull a report of contacts or companies based on views of a document.  I'd like to be able to run a report showing how many contacts from a company viewed a document, avg time of document viewed per company's contacts, etc.  Would also be helpful to be able to quickly create a list of contacts or companies that viewed a document (separate from what is currently available in the sales content analytics tool)