World Certification Week 2022

LaurenCarey
Academy Team
Academy Team

Tips and Tricks for World Certification Week

LaurenCarey_0-1650565123073.png

Make the most out of World Certification Week 👩🏼‍🎓👩🏽‍🎓👨🏾‍🎓👩🏻‍🎓👨🏿‍🎓

After a good night's sleep, easily reachable snacks, and an uninterrupted environment… What are your best learning tips and tricks? How are you planning your learning schedule this week; will you take the exam at the end of every course or finish all the courses before taking the exams? Will you start with the shortest course or with the longest one? How many hours a day are you planning to invest in studying? Are you learning alone, with friends, or with colleagues? 

Check out the tips our professors have to share in this thread. We’re looking forward to reading yours!

12 Replies 12
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

For certifications with a practicum, I review the practicum requirements at the beginning and take notes relevant to the practicum separately from my course notes so I can easily group them together.

If you have any certifications that are expiring soon, you can renew them ahead of the expiration so you can knock them out during World Certification Week, and then when they are up for renewal again, it will be the same time next year (or in 2 years). I also waited to retake the exam for a couple that expired last month.

Watch the videos for topics you are more familiar with while doing chores (like folding laundry or ironing).

Don't be afraid to do a practice test - when you finish the course, try the exam without studying, take notes if you need to so you know what you need to study. For new topics, this helps establish a baseline so you know what your strengths & weaknesses are so you can prioritize your studying. You also might surprise yourself and pass! Do this early in the week so you have time to retake the exam.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

NTelecky
Contributor

A certification challenge!? $5 to charity for each certification we complete during World Certification Week!?

I immediately started strategizing...

if I complete all of the coursework and save the exams for the target week, I will maximize the number of certificates completed at that time...

but I'll have to take more reference notes, because the information won't be as fresh in my mind...

... I need to add a Hubspot notebook to my shopping list. 📖

Mission accepted.

LaurenCarey
Academy Team
Academy Team

Loving this strategy, @NTelecky 💪 

SP1012
Participant

Researching with each and every resources you get. Keep learning. Having notes are mostly important. 

DavidDennison
Key Advisor

I found I learn the most from joining groups on FB that are relevant to what I'm learning about. Often times, other people will ask a lot of great questions and it's a huge learning opportunity!

David Dennison

Search Engine Optimization

and Content Marketing Expert

mobilePhone
702-556-5062
emailAddress
david@daviddennison.com
website
https://daviddennison.com
ritasmithvideo
Participant

Study in 33 minute sessions. This is the optimum time for your brain to take in information. I learned this trick from master copywriter Eugene Schwartz.

LaurenCarey
Academy Team
Academy Team

Love this one, @ritasmithvideo

ritasmithvideo
Participant

Thanks, Lauren. It's great to get positive feedback, especially as I'm new here. 🙂

BBrophy
Participant

Definitely download and use the slide decks! I've found these to be extremely helpful when working through quizzes and exams.

BFisher
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

🎓 Join Study Groups to find great community resources. Each group focuses on a certain certification, such as Inbound Marketing or Sales Hub. Use the Community resources to help keep you motivated to study and pass that exam.

🔋Make sure to take some time to recharge throughout the week, especially if you're looking to take more than one certification. Take micro-breaks, drink water, and take a walk outside. You brain will thank you for giving it a quick break.

kara_susvilla
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

Don't be afraid to take notes, especially if that helps you retain information! 📝 You can always revisit the information from the slides or transcripts provided, but taking notes throughout the lesson helped me make sense of all the information and retain the most important concepts. 

chrlee
Inbound Professor
Inbound Professor

👀  Don't forget about the Resources tab in each HubSpot Academy lesson!

There you'll find a downloadable transcript. Reading through that helps me learn the material so much better, especially when I need to review to study for the exam.

💪  Also if you don't pass an exam the first time, know that you're not alone.

Definitely go through the exam break down so you can see where you need to shore up your learning.