Women in Tech

Wilder
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Women History Month (Can you suggest resources)

I have a 10 year old daughter who was asking me about Women History month. She asked me about different books or websites (I have a nerdy family) she should look at.

So, I shared with her lots of content from the History Channel's website, such as:

When it comes specifically to women in technology, I was surprised there wasn't as much as I expected. I searched on Girls in Technology.  There is information on STEM, but I was looking for something for a 10 year old. Maybe I didn't look in the right place. 

If any of you have suggestions, please let me know.

- Wilder

My True North: Creating a better Community one pixel at a time
3 Replies 3
ADuPhene
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

I am a really big fan of Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls. There are so many stories of women from all over the world included in it.

The age range says 6-9 but I can tell you my 11 year old niece loves it as well. The stories are incredibly digestible but also include important details. I highly recommend it.

Wilder
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

@@jennysowyrda  Yes, I like Hidden Figures. Thank you for sharing the resource. We should build the library. : )

My True North: Creating a better Community one pixel at a time
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wilder, have you and your family watched Hidden Figures? I think women working in NASA qualifies as technology! 

I also found this resource, which includes an overview of a few famous women in history who impacted technology (did you know a woman invented wifi?). This article from Purdue University has a similar round up. 

...and finally, while STEM is in the title, this resource from the White House archives includes some audio excerpts and good information on women in technology! (can you tell I was a history major in college?!).

I want to tag @StephanieB and @SarahCorley into this conversation as they may have more resources!