Women in Tech

AConnell20

Helping women return to the work?

Hi Women of HubSpot - 

Ashley Connell here, CEO of Prowess Project. We help women return to work after caretaking or those who want to pivot careers via training & matching them with jobs.  Two questions:

• We asked and many want to learn how to use HubSpot to get a job. Did any of you go through the HubSpot certification?  Thoughts? 
  • Our employers are looking for diverse HubSpot certified/trained talent, can you point me in the direction to find HubSpot-trained folks looking for work? 

Much appreciated!

Ashley 

ashley@prowessproject.com

4 Replies 4
KadyJWhite
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi Ashley!

I have been using HubSpot since 2012 and always recommend HubSpot Academy whether you're new to marketing (or sales, or development, or any adjacent expertise). They are continually adding new courses and improving/updating current courses. Even as a seasoned marketer myself, I always learn something new when I renew a certification or complete a new one. And of course, they're a completely free resource. 

In terms of finding talent - someone recommended the Facebook group, which is great. I might recommend industry Twitter chats that happen and also there is a job board right here in the Community (which I wish was a bit easier to find and had more activity), but it's under the News section here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Job-Listings/bd-p/jobs 

I might also recommend checking out relevant HubSpot User Groups: https://www.hubspot.com/hubspot-user-groups 

Hope that helps!

TeodoraPirciu
Contributor | Gold Partner
Contributor | Gold Partner

Hi, Ashley, 
It sounds like a fantastic project! Congratulations! 

• I have multiple HubSpot certifications, and they've been super helpful. I've learned A LOT from the Academy, and I continue to take new courses to stay up-to-date with many marketing-related topics. I started getting certifications a few years ago when I started to collaborate with a digital marketing agency that's a HubSpot partner. 
  • There's a Facebook group for people who take courses by HubSpot Academy, called HubSpot Academy Content Marketing Pros: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1865217553624091.  You can also use HubSpot Network, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote any job opportunities. Or, you can find freelancers with HubSpot skills on UpWork. 

I hope it helps. ☺️ 

Keep it simple!
WinShiWong
Participant

Hello Ashley, thank you for what you are doing for these women! 

I didn't go through any training or certifications to learn how to use HubSpot. The organization I used to work for got their hands on HubSpot and wanted me to design a marketing campaign using it. I personally learn best by doing it. Plus, HubSpot UXUI makes it intuitive to use, if you hit a wall, you can easily look up for resources on the hub. An idea, maybe pair these women to work on a project with non-profits that are already using HubSpot? This will benefit both parties. That would be quite cool. 

I had recruiters reached out to me on LinkedIn purely because I have HubSpot listed as a skill on my profile because they are hiring roles that require to have HubSpot knowledge. That's how I landed my current role, too. 

Hope these help, Ashley!

AConnell20

This is a HUGE help! We suspected this was the case, great to see that you validated it.  I can't wait to help other women get HubSpot know-how and then JOBS!