Creating a new post on Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I know this isn't the proper place to ask this, but I'm very frustrated.

I just want to ask support a question and whenever I click "ask a question" it points me to a list of topics, with this one at the top, and I see no place to independently ask my own question.

I just want to figure out why HubSpot is making my gmail run slow.

I have newly updated Version 63.0.3239.84

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue! Why am I unable to ask a question! 

Community Manager

Hi @MonkeyGal and @globaleye

You will need to click into a forum before you see the 'create new post' button in the top right hand corner. 

If you are not seeing this option after clicking into a specific forum (Sales>CRM) for example, please let me know. Any screenshots you can send along would be great as well.

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for the response.  Here is the issue with posting a new question:

When I click on the "ask a question" button it just scrolls down to other questions that have already been asked.  

Now, can you please help me solve my Hubspot issue:

I just want to figure out why HubSpot is making my gmail run slow.

I have newly updated Version 63.0.3239.84

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @MonkeyGal

The 'ask a question' button is specific to the AMA going on with Babelquest. If you would like to ask a question, you will want to follow my instructions of clicking into a specific board and searching, or posting a new question, by clicking create sales/marketing post. 

For instructions on troubleshooting a slow gmail, click here.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Frustrated here too. I've been clicking around for 5 minutes trying to find a place to ask my question. I can click "submit a ticket" in my account but it takes me to my dashboard. I click the avatar bottom right of UI and it never comes up. 

When you go to Marketing Forum and are presented with Choose a Topic Board, there should be "Ask Support" or similar. I guess I'll just take a stab in the dark and select one of these that aren't applicable to my UI issue.... :/

Community Manager

HI @Correlog

You should have access to Support based on your subscription level. After you click the help button in the bottom right hand corner and select 'contact support', another sidebar should populate prompting you with different options for getting in touch with Support. 

If you are seeing something different on your end, please let me know. 

As for the Community, this is a great forum for answering questions as well! The topic boards do not include 'support' because the boards are by product area. You can post questions for that specific product area within that board and you will receive answers and help. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Top Advisor

@jennysowyrda I have answered some questions in the community for paid users. While is it great to get help from other users, there are times when it may be more efficient for a paid subscriber to get concrete information specific to their HubId through a support ticket.

Can you highlight the reasons for one vs the other? 

Note, a free account does not have access to the support interface, Although I do like to say hello to HubBot when he pops up frequently.

Chris

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

HI @gelflex-cc,

If a user who is paying for Support (as part of their subscription) encounters an issue that is specific within their portal, something that is not working as designed, or something that is going to require information that does not need to be shared publicly (personal information), that is a good time to contact HubSpot Technical Support.

If the user is looking for a second opinion, seeking feedback, or wants to start a conversation and see how other users do things within HubSpot, that is a good time to connect with the Community. 

Thank you,
Jenny