Welcome and Introductions

VincePerfetto
Participant

How do I update my email address in the HubSpot Community? (i.e. update where my notifications go)

It seems like this would be easy, but actually, I can't find this anywhere. How can I change the email address where my HubSpot Community notifications go?

For context, this is the location in my account I'm referring to. Thank you for your help!

74A40137-E1B9-4156-9B16-735557C32B25_1_201_a.jpeg

4 Replies 4
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do I update my email address in the HubSpot Community? (i.e. update where my notifications go)

Hi @VincePerfetto 

Thank you for reaching out, and happy new year!

This is not something you can done by yourself - you'll need to create another Community User with the email you'd want to use. Then we can do is merge your old profile to your new profile so you have the same replies, likes, etc as the old one. 

Let me know if that's something you would like to do. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MMGF

Hi there. I was directed to you and this thread through support. Recently, I was laid off from my Head of Ops role and managing HubSpot at my last role. I have worked with your UX team on co-creating and worked with Community Manager for blogs.  Since I'm laid off, it was recommended that I stay involved in the community to help network and potential opportunties. But my account is tied to my company email. 

1. I can't update my email to my personal email.

2. I can't create another account to merge because I need a company website to create an account. 

3. I can't continue to use my work email because I won't receive any messages.

Is there a way to update my email to my personal. I don't want to lose any of the discussions I have been apart of or the connections I have made. I am a big advocate for Hubspot.  If possible, can you send me a response to that email above? I appreciate any insight or help you may have. Be well! Mari

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MMGF 

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay here!

You will need to create a new community user with your personal email address so we can then be able to map your new email address to the former community user. 

Regarding the account, you don't have to have a real company website, you could just use firstnamelastname.com as a domain and it should work!

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
VincePerfetto
Participant

Hi, Tiphaine. Thank you for the info.

For now, I'll keep my two HubSpot accounts separate. But I appreciate the
help!

-Vince
0 Upvotes