Welcome and Introductions

dperolio
投稿者 | Solutions Partner
投稿者 | Solutions Partner

Greetings, fellow travelers... 🤩

I'm a little bit late to the party, but I hope to become a larger part of the community in the comming months. Let's start with a little backstory...

I started doing paid design work over a decade ago, which quickly turned into web design work, and then web development as well. Over the years, I've grown more towards the development side, and these days I basically don't do any design work, but I still like to think I have a strong eye for UI and design. I've been mainly a React developer over the last 2 years, which I found to be a lot of fun.

Fast-forward to about 8 months ago when I started working as a Developer at my current company, Kelp Creative Agency, I was introduced to HubSpot. I had previously not been too familiar with the CMS ecosystems--- WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Magento, etc.--- as I was used to doing fully custom designs and builds for the front-end, and I'd never really ventured into the CMS side of things. And I'd never even heard of HubSpot.

These days, CMS work is pretty much all I do, and HubSpot is by far my preferred platform. Development is fun and intuitive and makes things easier for marketers and even for us developers by being able to recycle aspects of our work a whole lot more than you can for a custom build. And the UI, while not perfect in many regards, is far better than its competitors.

Currently, I'm working desperately to try to get an entry in for this year's HubSpot Theme Contest 2021, and hopefully even win the Tesla (my car broke down several months ago and I am now working from home with no car 😬). I've got some pretty good, unique ideas to make a really great theme, I think, (and I've even got some unique ideas for next year's contest, if there is one) but the real challenge is to get it done in time--- there's so much to do! I've been encountering some pretty niche and tricky bugs along the way, and I've been reporting them as much as possible to the HubSpot Slack server, but that's one thing I wish HubSpot had, either a Slack channel or Community category dedicated to reporting bugs in the CMS and website, and typoes, inaccuracies, or errors in the docs.

I hope I can share my passion and help HubSpot continue to grow and evolve with my ideas and suggestions, as well as help a bunch of other developers along the way.

Sorry that was a bit long, but I hope you got to know me a bit better, and I hope I get to know you a bit better as well. Nice to meet you all!

2件の返信
MiaSrebrnjak
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Hi @dperolio,

thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful introduction! We're happy that you're a member of our Community and that you enjoy using our product.

Also, we really appreciate your commitment to help us improve, I like the idea about a dedicated space for bug reports. 👍 For now, please feel free to post in the Community whenever you find something that could be improved (either in the Ideas forum or the CMS board). Thank you! 🙂

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

dperolio
投稿者 | Solutions Partner
投稿者 | Solutions Partner

Thanks @MiaSrebrnjak, happy to be here and help!

@MiaSrebrnjak wrote:

Hi @dperolio,

thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful introduction! We're happy that you're a member of our Community and that you enjoy using our product.

Also, we really appreciate your commitment to help us improve, I like the idea about a dedicated space for bug reports. 👍 For now, please feel free to post in the Community whenever you find something that could be improved (either in the Ideas forum or the CMS board). Thank you! 🙂

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Will do. Besides "bugs", I also find a lot of typos and small issues around the website, which generally aren't all that important, but I still think they are worth pointing out, when they'll usually only take someone a moment to fix.

I don't think things like that warrant a support ticket though, and even a forum post might be a bit much, but it would be better than nothing I think. I mostly just post on random Slack channels or pester @jmclaren about little things I find, but I don't want to do that too much, so I mostly keep them to myself. 🤣