Welcome and Introductions

NEarle
Participant

Community Manager Looking for Advice

Hi Hubspot Community! My name is Nicola and I am the Community Manager at Roleshare - the job sharing platform. I will be using Hubspot for customer service, CRM, marketing and community building.

I am new to Hubspot and really excited to get stuck into some training on the Academy - where do I start?? Do any Community Managers have any advice on Hubspot for community building?

Great to meet you all 😎

4 Replies 4
ThatChristinaG
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hey! Welcome!

I would 100% recommend checking out Community Club and C School if you are looking to do more practical learning in the community management space. In terms of my own advice, I would say the following:
- give more than you take

- be forever curious about your community members and realize that their needs and motivations can and will change over time

- building connection takes time and the best thing you can do to build those connections is to show you care

Also, happy to chat 1:1 if you ever want to. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NEarle

I'm so happy you joined our Community, welcome!! 🙂 

@kvlschaefer and @Jnix284 already shared a couple of great resources, I really liked the blog article on Community Led Growth! I wanted to add my thoughts here as well.

I'd say communities are built around helpful and interesting content and HubSpot can definitely help you efficiently distribute your content and make sure that it's optimized for the channel you're using. With HubSpot, you can also measure and analyze its success. That way, you can make sure you're producing the content people want to read and interact with. I found this article that dives deeper into how building a community can help with your inbound marketing - it's from 2013, but I think most of the recommendations still apply!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @NEarle, welcome to the community!

Being new to HubSpot, I think the Inbound certification is a great start because it sets the stage for everything else.

I also recommend following @ThatChristinaG on Twitter, I've learned so much about community from her!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NEarle,

Welcome to HubSpot Community! We're happy to have you here 🙂 

My name is Kristen, and I'm the English Community Manager at HubSpot. Nice to meet you!

What kind of Academy Courses are you interested in?

I am happy to make some recommendations on getting started with HubSpot (software-based courses) and marketing courses that you could integrate into building a community component on HubSpot:

Getting Started Track

Courses You Can Apply to Community Management 

I wanted to share this blog post on Community Led Growth by Impulse Creative. One of our Community Champions, @danmoyle, works there! 🙂  There are some great tips on community-led growth and how to use HubSpot for Community building. 

I also wanted to add our top contributors to this conversation to see if they have any advice on community-led growth and ideas on how to use HubSpot for community building.

Hi @danmoyle@Jnix284@Phil_Vallender@Mike_Eastwood@NicoleSengers@Josh@StefanWendt@jolle - Do you have any Academy or HubSpot recommendations for community building?

Looking forward to hearing what the others have to say 😄 

Thanks!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !