Virtual HUG Followup: Mastering ABM in HubSpot [New York]

Highlighted
Inbound Professor

On 4 March 2020, Kyle Jepson (Inbound Sales Professor at HubSpot Academy) and Ethan Kopit (Product Manager at HubSpot for ABM) gave a virtual presentation to the New York City HUG about getting started with account-based marketing (ABM).

Recording

Slides

Bonus: Workbook

I would love to hear people's questions and challenges with ABM. Also, if you have any feedback on the presentation or the workbook, please send them my way! Imagine that I gave the presentation in person, and we're now kibitzing afterward over delicious hors d'oeuvres. The comments section is our party, so ask away!

7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor | Diamond Partner

Thanks Kyle - really great presentation (even watching it at 11pm in the UK) - loved the positioning and clarity and the ever evolving tools are a huge asset. 

We've been running these campaigns with clients for a while now and for me the biggest challenge is the sales team - specifically getting them and their leadership away from the prioritisation of quantity over quality. The importance of personalisation can also be a challenge if leadership is not bought in. 

Chris Grant
Highlighted
Inbound Professor

Thanks Chris--that makes a lot of sense! It always seems to be the case that the hardest people to get onboard for a new initiative are the sales team. I'll do some research and thinking and see if I can come up with any strategies there.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @KyleJepson sadly I couldn't make it live in the end, so I am really looking forward to listening through the presentation today. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle,

Is Target Accounts something that's coming or just perhaps not part of my sub. I don't find it anywhere including the help.

n.b. I just read the slide deck and not the full presentation. bad me if you explain it all there!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Inbound Professor

There are standard properties for "Target Accounts" and "Ideal Customer Profile Tier" (these just got added this past Thursday, May 14th). There are more ABM features coming soon!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Inbound Professor

Hi again,

Today we launched a whole bunch of ABM features. Details here: https://www.hubspot.com/products/abm-software

See? Told you it was coming soon 🙂

Kyle

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kyle, great features what you describe with ABM.

We have just signed in for HubSpot CRM, Marketing, Sales, Service and CMS Professional. We need this to organize our various client and company contacts AND we aim to start our Key Account Management via HubSpot. Basically, we see quite similar approaches between ABM and Key Account Management. We are a service provider for Market Research on the global perspective and consult big companies like food producers. Do you think we can work with the ABM features provided by HubSpot or would you suggest a different strategy to map, plan, follow up and analyse our key accounts? Thanks, Robert

@KyleJepson wrote:

On 4 March 2020, Kyle Jepson (Inbound Sales Professor at HubSpot Academy) and Ethan Kopit (Product Manager at HubSpot for ABM) gave a virtual presentation to the New York City HUG about getting started with account-based marketing (ABM).

Recording

Slides

Bonus: Workbook

I would love to hear people's questions and challenges with ABM. Also, if you have any feedback on the presentation or the workbook, please send them my way! Imagine that I gave the presentation in person, and we're now kibitzing afterward over delicious hors d'oeuvres. The comments section is our party, so ask away!

0 Upvotes