Video Marketing

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

What's one video marketing question you have?

The most effective content marketers are ones who are curious and continuously look for opportunities to grow. Keeping this in mind, what's one question you have to either get started with video marketing or to improve your current efforts?

If you see a question you can help answer, then please join the conversation!

**Is this your first time visiting the Content Marketing Study Group? If so, click here to get started

31 Replies 31
SMoore53
Participant

Hi,

What suggestions or recommendations do you have for introverts, like myself, who tend to shy away from the camera.  I'd like to build my confidence in front of the camera.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
ChuaNguangHong
Participant

Thanks Champion for the course.

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Thanks for the feedback @ChuaNguangHong! Happy to hear you found value in the content. Just curious, what's next?

0 Upvotes
ChuaNguangHong
Participant

I enjoyed the course very much, especially the content provided are easy to understand and digest.

AGouk

how long a video should be... good enough to catch people attention 

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Yes @AGouk. Long enough to capture the attention of the viewer. This could be a quick video that's 30 seconds to 1 minute. Or it could be longer for a more detailed video. Just make sure to keep it engaging. If the video starts to lull, then people might not finish it. 

0 Upvotes
WSoo
Participant

How do you find an idea to start?

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question @WSoo. I recommend starting with content that you have that's doing well. For example, if you have a blog post that performs well on your site, consider how you can repurpose that blog post into a video. Hope that helps!

0 Upvotes
LG2021

The success of video marketing depends on creating a quality video, and my question is - where can I find quality stock images and videos to be integrated into the video?

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question @LG2021Pexels has been a great resource for me for stock videos/images. I'd recommend starting there. 

0 Upvotes
Fad_zilah

nil

0 Upvotes
NLobad

Given the increased popularity of informal-style video content such as vlogging, isn't it possible that expensive equipment and microphones are not necessarily must-haves to ensure higher levels of success in video marketing and that your phone is a good enough starting point, as long as you are attentive to and informed about pleasing products shots etc. 

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Definitely, @NLobad! You don't need to spend a lot on equipment to have an effective video. It's really about the contents of the video and looking for ways to improve the experience over time. 

0 Upvotes
Melati77

What is the best free video editing tools to create  video content?

Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great question, @Melati77. See a few free options below to get started:

DMullen

Would it be better to use neutral colors in video marketing?

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@DMullen it depends on the purpose of the video. Sometimes vibrant colors could work. It really matters about the context of the video. Any chance you can share an example of what you're thinking?

0 Upvotes
JJaydenChua

Nothing much

0 Upvotes
JChin7

How do i create a unique and creative video with hook or eye catching. How do i promote my music or meditation video in Youtube 

0 Upvotes
Champion
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Great questions @JChin7. HubSpot Academy's YouTube Marketing Course could be a great place to start: https://academy.hubspot.com/courses/youtube-marketing. In this course you'll learn:

• How to create an optimized YouTube channel
  • How to create high-performing video content on YouTube
  • Scaling Your YouTube Channel via SEO