Video Marketing

CoreyChristian
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

What’s a video you recently saw that had a really effective structure?

The structure of a video can be vital to its overall engagement, clarity, and effectiveness. We’d love to hear about a video you’ve recently seen that you felt had an effective structure and why. Please respond to this post and reply to the questions below:

• What’s a video you recently saw that had a really effective structure?
  • Why do you think that structure elevated the video’s overall engagement?

*To learn more about this, check out the How to Create High-Performing Video Content on YouTube lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

59 Replies 59
Digitaluxe
Participant

The first 3 seconds make you want to see more

0 Upvotes
RSantiago7

I'd say the most recent video I've seen on YouTube that had a decent structure was the GameToons "Poppy Playtime Chapter 3" animations. I pick this because, the videos had decent animation, great storytelling, and in any case, the videos were still faithful to the Poppy Playtime game it is based on.

0 Upvotes
JRichard14

Stephanie Perry

0 Upvotes
SevanaHart

A cooking tutorial video. The video begins with a brief introduction, followed by clear and chronological steps for each recipe component. It concludes with a summary and a call to action.

Why it's Effective: This structure keeps viewers engaged by providing a clear roadmap. Each step is presented logically, maintaining clarity. The summary at the end reinforces key points, and the call to action encourages viewer participation, enhancing overall engagement.

0 Upvotes
TimothyKhakina
Participant

The link? Title? Channel?

0 Upvotes
SAlexander86
Participant

A recent video that I have seen is Verbal Dominance | Shayan Wahedi . 

I feel like he had a great video structure because he used the items of Hook, Introduce, Content, Bonus & Call to Action

0 Upvotes
TimothyKhakina
Participant

Tried to watch it but its a bit long. Will check it out later. Anyone with a shorter video with all thee elements?

0 Upvotes
BR37

I have seen a channel called "Academy of Ideas" whose videos have a great structure

rrulliansyah

i Think learning channels, tutorials, or education is more structure because their channels is must give step by step video to their viewers.

Blakey

Currently I am a fan of the content @nischa is creating. It's gets straight to the subject/title I expect and there's no over the top intro/branding that quite honestly I find self indulgent on other channels

0 Upvotes
USaranga

I am just started learning the key points of YouTube. And I am very delighted with the takeaways I am learning. 

0 Upvotes
RODonnell

I watched a video recently by a YouTuber named Mr. Beat that analyzed different logical fallacies present in an episode of comedian Joe Rogan's podcast, "The Joe Rogan Experience." It had a nice intro, engaged with the viewers, and presented the information in a way that was easy to understand and retain.

0 Upvotes
JKirk9
Participant

• Virginia Kerr does a great job at this 
0 Upvotes
Naveenleo
Participant

The YouTube video i recently saw with an effective structure is "The Power of Vulnerability | Brené Brown" by TED. The video starts with an introduction to the speaker and her topic, followed by a story to illustrate her point. She then goes into the research she has done on the topic, and how it has impacted her life. She then shares her insights and advice on how to use vulnerability to create meaningful connections. The video ends with a call to action and a summary of her main points. The structure of the video is effective in that it allows the viewer to easily follow the speaker's argument and understand.

The structure elevated the video’s overall engagement because it featured a powerful and inspiring message from a renowned expert on the subject. Brené Brown's talk was both informative and emotionally resonant, and her personal story of vulnerability and courage resonated with viewers. The talk also provided practical advice on how to embrace vulnerability and use it to create meaningful connections with others. The combination of Brené's expertise and her personal story made the talk both engaging and inspiring, and it has been viewed millions of times since its release.

EmilyGJ99

I don't think I've watched one. 

AMcardle

I watch a lot of Smoke's DayZ videos which I enjoy for the story of a random encounter with a player in DayZ, you never know what will happen, how people will react to situations which keeps me interested and his calming and fun manner brings me back for more

0 Upvotes
Rober

From my little experience, I love video strcutre such as:- 

1) Suspense intro ( To attract ) 
2) Talk about something interesting ( The interest ) 
3) Provide content professionally and simply to make me comfortable to continue watching ( Desire ) 
4) The CTA 

and that based the AIDA model 🙂 

0 Upvotes
BBerinyuy

An OKR Video presentation from a Google staff 

He caught the attention with his promise 

Pull attraction with his choice of words 

held attention with the depth of his content

delivered on his promised and 

called for action. 

0 Upvotes
CEDIE-LESTER

1. A live video by Kalilah Reynolds

2. Yes it does, she communicated effectively with her audience and she does entertain. Viewers were ready with questions to which she responds as well as provided analytical evidence from professionals in the respective fields.

0 Upvotes
MukhtarMeer
Contributor

Economics explained asked a question, gave a brief answer, and then expanded the content and explained in detail. This immediately gave the viewer what they needed but then expanded to provide the why, the users/consumer of the content wasn't bored as they had a frame of reference, that they were building on thier knowledge without getting lost.

0 Upvotes