Video Marketing

CoreyChristian
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

How do you use YouTube as part of your marketing strategy?

YouTube is a powerful video platform and search engine (in fact, the second largest search engine just beneath its parent, Google). With its popularity and reach, we’d love to learn how you use YouTube as part of your marketing strategy. Please reply to this post and answer the questions below: 

1. How are you using YouTube as part of your marketing strategy?
  2. Is there something you’d like to utilize better with the platform to optimize these efforts?

*To learn more about this, check out the YouTube Strategy: Making the Most of YouTube's Platform and Algorithm lesson via HubSpot Academy. 

179 Replies 179
VeronicaW
Contributor

Another great response, @gabriel-nextiny 

@HAideed I find Google Analytics is a great place to look for other areas of interest for my target audience. Then, you can look to engage with your target audience around their other interests. It starts to feel way more "social" than always trying to talk business. 

I hope this sparks some ideas about where else to connect with your target. 

JGerner
Participant

I am using YouTube as a visual blogging platform and a lead generation tool.

I would like to monitor my analytics closer to be able to hide underperforming content to keep the algorithim happy.

__Emily__

We use it as another way to bring in interested clients through showcasing our company expertise and service lines. We do this by creating videos that either define something relevant to our work or answer common questions about an area we have expertise in. 

ARivenbark
Participant

1. I am currently helping my wife grow her personal brand as a soon-to-be Registered Dietitian. Her goal is to create fun, engaging, and informative videos about nutrition.

2. Is it considered a good practice to change a video's title/description to improve SEO after the video has been posted/accumulated views?

2a. I'm also struggling with how to improve watch time/viewer retention.

moejefford

Changing the title is tricky. First, look at the title. I've had clients who titled their video - Brand Name - Video 1; Brand Name - Video 2; etc. That's obviously not effective so changing their name to something more descriptive would be wise. Also, how many views do the videos have? If they have thousands then be careful. They've already been picked up by YouTube. But if not, then changing it to something better is okay.

0 Upvotes
gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Hi @ARivenbark 

You can change and optimize the video and description for SEO over time. Of course, the new keywords and description need to still be relevant to the video, you can't trick the system with a funny viral video, and then try to get it to rank with a business.

Watch time has a lot to do with the audience and how it matches the value of the content. Of course, you can try to make videos shorter, have a better thumbnail, and simple things like that to improve engagement. Ultimately, you need to bring the right people to your channel and provide the right content, in order for them to see value and engage more.

Here's an article with Tips to Improve Average Video Engagement.

I hope this helps.

G

bettermade

1. I'm a tennis nerd and father of 2 with a mission of inspiring my kids to the world of tennis. I'm using Youtube as a way to market my service as a tennis coach and entreprenuer. My content includes game match plays, tips & tricks, how-to and live feeds.

2. I would like to do more live feed and utilize shorts more effectively.

GFunderburk

1. I am a Northwest Georgia Realtor and I'm taking this course to learn how to use Youtube to Market.

2. I need all the knowlege and tips I can get to grow a channel and market 

Kwalker42
Contributor

1. I have never used You Tube for t my business, I jave created vudeo thouh, I wanr ri sta ret usinr You tube foe bus9ness as  apart of my marketing strategy to educate c;ients on why they should update old and outdated websites. Also rhe impact of vidioe as a tool to egage audiences as they few websites to shop

2, I would like to use the platform to get better optimizatio on google serched. So that more people, especially local custumers can fid me. 

chhunchhieng

1. For the company branding purpose.

2. I want to know more about how to make an effective youtube ad marketing.

ChinL

1. My client uses it to host LIVE Q & A sessions as well as share plant-based recipes.

2. I would like to use keywords and tags more effectively. And in getting more people to subscribe the channel

RKirkhart

Top of funnel

STodupunuri

1. I can create animations 

2. To add tags, titles, descreption and thumbnails to increase user engagement

TaylorHicksB

At the moment, we are not using YouTube as part of our marketing strategy. Moving forward, we want to use YouTube as a complement to our content and product marketing efforts.

gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Thanks everybody for sharing! 

@stylishlysable @Abhinash @Hue @LKelley 

Let us know if you have any other questions about your video or video marketing efforts.

BTW: We have a free workshops happening tomorrow at 1:30pm EST in case you are interested and you can make it.

Register here for the Video HubSpot User Group [HUG] event:

Producing Video Series and Podcasts for Brand Affinity Marketing

Hope you can make it.

G

0 Upvotes
stylishlysable

1. I'm using YouTube to share my professional dance progress and build up my library of videos related to dance, health, and wellness
  2. I've developed a template to organize my keywords on YouTube and on my website to help boost my SEO. I'm working on creating content that's more relevant as well.
Abhinash
Participant

1) Creating videos to get a better reach and also spread the brand name in other social channels.

Hue
Participant

I think 3 key things that are most important on Youtube are: Content - Visual - Attractive thumbnail.

1. How are you using YouTube as part of your marketing strategy ? I'm using it as an attractive tool, explain more clearly to the audience about our work.
  2. Is there something you’d like to utilize better with the platform to optimize these efforts? I think I need to be better at content
LKelley
Participant

I want to post short skits with a serious message and market my clothing brand in them. I have a bunch of ideas on how I want to do it..but I'm gonna have to play each character.

Kwalker42
Contributor

Skits and demonstrations should really help you achieve your goals with this rype of businuess. Seeing people in clothes helps when youre shopping onlie and are curious as to how the item would look or fit.

0 Upvotes
gabriel-nextiny
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Sounds like a really fun project, when you have something done please share it so the community gives you feedback. That is a great way to learn and make it better over time.

G

0 Upvotes