Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BBoczkowska

work flows for reengagement

Dear community,

I was wondering if a workflow can be designed for the following situation:

Send multiple e-mails to a contact, they don't open anything until one specific email.

How do I flag this contact so I can engage them with more specific and/or  relevant Information to continue to nuture their interest in the products.

Thank you for your help. Please let me know if the question requires further clarification. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
CHawkins
Top Contributor

I can think of a few options for this:

1. Set up an internal email notification for yourself
  2. Set a custom field using a checkmark on the contact record to segment into an automated list
  3. Create a static list, populated at the end of the workflow, of users who have not opened an email

All of these would require using an if/then statement at the end of the workflow to segment contacts who have not opened any of the previous workflows.

I am a digital marketing freelancer specializing in HubSpot, I would be happy to take a look at your use case with you, you can schedule time with me here: https://meetings.hubspot.com/caseybhawkins

Casey Hawkins
HubSpot Freelancer | Digital Marketing Consultant

Found my solution helpful? Mark it as accepted

Schedule Time With Me

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @BBoczkowska , Happy Friday!

That's a great question! Let's ask some tips and tricks to our top experts @jfreeman @JDobson @DavidDennison any recommendations to @BBoczkowska workflow matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
jfreeman
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @BBoczkowska ,

Great question!

CHawkins had some good suggestions in their reply.

I would set this up using 1 active list per email in your nurturing queue, like this...

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 7.23.02 PM.png

. So, if you have 20 emails in your workflow, you'll end up with 20 different lists.

Note that using active lists means 1 contact may end up on multiple lists if they open multiple emails. I think this is a benefit because you then have multiple segmentation lists to work with. 

If this is not what you're intending, then I would additionally set a "goal" on the nurturing workflow and include the opening of each email as "OR" statements in the goal like this...

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 7.34.31 PM.png

When the contact reaches one of the goals for the first time they will be ejected from the workflow, preventing them from getting any of the following emails.

Hope this helps!

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Joseph Freeman
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Joseph »
0 Upvotes