Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

dmattauch
Top Contributor

use today's date in calculated property

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to create a calculated property "time in between" one date and today,'s date.

I can't select today's date as end date.

Is there a way to do so?

Thanks

David

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

This does currently not exist, you would have to create your own today's date property. This thread outlines different approaches (see also the replies and experiences of other users).

How to create a 'Today's date' date property.

There is also a request to the product team which I'd recommend upvoting: Create a 'Today's Date' field in Hubspot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
DStaat
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @dmattauch,

I'm Dave from the hapily support team! We just launched an app called Tick Tock Today that creates a today's date property for your objects. It's available on the HubSpot Marketplace.

I've formulated some different ways to use the property. Including for your use case! I documented how to create a "time between" property in this blog post here.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
YBen-Avraham
Contributor

SOLVE

I created a Custom property "Today's Date" - it appears to work as advertised. Then I used it in a Calculated Date field to create a countdown on the number of days for a Trial. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that AFTER the end date, the calculated property started counting up from the end date instead of giving a negative value ... I figured out that this is because the property is a date, not a numeric property.

Any way around this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @dmattauch,

This does currently not exist, you would have to create your own today's date property. This thread outlines different approaches (see also the replies and experiences of other users).

How to create a 'Today's date' date property.

There is also a request to the product team which I'd recommend upvoting: Create a 'Today's Date' field in Hubspot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.