Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LCoveyduck

tracking messages sent to multiple people

SOLVE

Hi there -- how can I track messages I send to multiple people in their individual contact records?

Ie: I'm sending a message to person A and person B. I want that message to be captured under EACH contact record's profile. Right now it only seems to track the message to the person who's "first" in the To: section of email message.

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@LCoveyduck - The email integration can be used to create contact records for these new contacts, yes. This knowledge base article explains it here. 

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

LCoveyduck
Solution

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
LCoveyduck
Solution

SOLVE

Perfect thanks!

0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@LCoveyduck - "If you send a tracked email to multiple email addresses (including CC and BCC), they all receive the same HubSpot Sales tracking imageHubSpot will still notify you of the email open, but HubSpot may not be able to determine which recipient opened the email."

The activity card which represents the email will be associated to all the contact records who have an email address matching that of one of the email recipients, but the activity card will be mirrored on each contact record. It will not differ per contact to show their individual opens and clicks, but rather all the opens and clicks from all recipients collectively. 

-----
Hannah Fisher | HubSpot Platform Consultant @BabelQuest - Elite HubSpot Partner

Hannah Fisher

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
LCoveyduck

SOLVE
Thanks. Are you also able to add multiple people as new contacts? What if I'm sending to 3 people and all three are not currently contacts in HubSpot? Can they all be added using the plug in?
0 Upvotes
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@LCoveyduck - The email integration can be used to create contact records for these new contacts, yes. This knowledge base article explains it here. 

Hannah Fisher