Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

mayalaraineri
Participant

track the number of days a contact spends in a lead status

SOLVE

Hello team,

I want to track how many days a contact spends in a lead status. I know I can create calculation properties on the contact called for example "Time spent as MQL", and then the formula is Time Between "Became an MQL date" and "Became an SQL date" .. same for the other stages.

The problem is that I want to do the same but for lead status, not lifecycle stage. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Margarita 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mayalaraineri,

Yes, the main difference is that these "Became a [lead status] date" properties aren't created by HubSpot by default. You would have to create a date property for each lead status. Once created, you would create contact-based workflows that enroll contacts when "Lead status is [first lead status]", and then use the "Set property value" action to set the value of the corresponding date property to the date of the step. When enabling the workflows, only enroll contacts that meet the criteria after turning on the workflow.

From that point on, you would proceed the same way you did with the lifecycle stage.

The data will be available starting with the day you turn on the workflows.

Let me know if I should elaborate on anything in more detail.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

malv13
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

My recommendation would be to 

1) Create a property for each Lead Status you have called "Moved to Lead Status X date" 

2) Create a workflow for each Lead Status where the enrollment trigger is "Lead Status is any of X" and so on, and the action would be "Update property 'Moved to Lead Status X date'" and you will be able to choose "date of step" 

4) Create a calculation property for the time between each stage called "Time spent between Lead Status X and Lead Status Y" and choose a time between calculation and you'll be able to pick "Moved to Lead Status X date" and "Moved to lead status Y date" within that, which will auto calculate 

And you should be done!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
malv13
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

My recommendation would be to 

1) Create a property for each Lead Status you have called "Moved to Lead Status X date" 

2) Create a workflow for each Lead Status where the enrollment trigger is "Lead Status is any of X" and so on, and the action would be "Update property 'Moved to Lead Status X date'" and you will be able to choose "date of step" 

4) Create a calculation property for the time between each stage called "Time spent between Lead Status X and Lead Status Y" and choose a time between calculation and you'll be able to pick "Moved to Lead Status X date" and "Moved to lead status Y date" within that, which will auto calculate 

And you should be done!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mayalaraineri,

Yes, the main difference is that these "Became a [lead status] date" properties aren't created by HubSpot by default. You would have to create a date property for each lead status. Once created, you would create contact-based workflows that enroll contacts when "Lead status is [first lead status]", and then use the "Set property value" action to set the value of the corresponding date property to the date of the step. When enabling the workflows, only enroll contacts that meet the criteria after turning on the workflow.

From that point on, you would proceed the same way you did with the lifecycle stage.

The data will be available starting with the day you turn on the workflows.

Let me know if I should elaborate on anything in more detail.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.