Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Onloop

service tickets 3 way conversation

SOLVE

PROBLEM SUMMARY: Three discrete parties want to communicate about one topic in HubSpot Service tickets; for example a warranty claim, all within a single ticket.

1. Customer (unique email per customer) 

2. Retailer (always same email)

3. Supplier (always same email)

Here is the problem explained in more detail, The customer has a faulty widget, and they submit a warranty claim to the retailer, and the retailer must submit a claim with the supplier for approval.

When the customer submits a claim to the retailer, a ticket is created in the retailer's pipeline & and linked to the customer record via the customer's unique email. The customer and retailer may communicate back & forth and all comms activity is recorded in a thread within the ticket. 

Now the retailer must submit a claim to the supplier on behalf of the customer, the retailer always uses their own email for customer warranty claims "support@retailer.com" 

This creates a new ticket in the supplier's ticket system and an email confirmation gets sent to the Retailer inbox at "support@retailer.com" (with a unique ticket number in the subject) Emails are always sent from the Supplier to the retailer using the same Supplier email "support@supplier.com" NOTE: These two emails are always the same, the only change is ticket number in the subject.

The Supplier and Retailer may need to communicate back & and forth via email sending evidence & and instructions on how to best remedy the issue. On occasion, this email thread may also need to include the customer.

QUESTIONS

1. What is the best practice for linking these supplier & and retailer email threads to a single customer ticket? 
  2. is there a risk of email threads getting mixed up with other customers' tickets because the supplier is always sending comms from the same email address? (The only difference is the ticket number in the subject)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey there @Onloop

Let me make sure I understand. Both the Suplier and the Retailer are users in the same HubSpot portal? They're just using different Ticket pipelines? 

As long as the Tickets from different pipelines have the unique Ticket number in the Ticket name (and therefore, the email subject line), then the emails are easily differentiated. This will mean the Tickets are associated to the Customer (Contact) at all times, and the HubSpot users can see what they need in their Ticket records and in the Contact record. 

A Contact would have two Tickets open, one for the Retailer and one for the Supplier. That Contact won't know, they're just emailing. On the HubSpot side, users will see all communications in this Contact record, where you'll see two Tickets associated. Then in each separate Ticket, you'll see the emails associated to just that Ticket. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey there @Onloop

Let me make sure I understand. Both the Suplier and the Retailer are users in the same HubSpot portal? They're just using different Ticket pipelines? 

As long as the Tickets from different pipelines have the unique Ticket number in the Ticket name (and therefore, the email subject line), then the emails are easily differentiated. This will mean the Tickets are associated to the Customer (Contact) at all times, and the HubSpot users can see what they need in their Ticket records and in the Contact record. 

A Contact would have two Tickets open, one for the Retailer and one for the Supplier. That Contact won't know, they're just emailing. On the HubSpot side, users will see all communications in this Contact record, where you'll see two Tickets associated. Then in each separate Ticket, you'll see the emails associated to just that Ticket. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Onloop, Happy Friday!

Thank you for posting in our Community!

Please ensure that each email related to a specific customer ticket has a unique identifier in the subject, such as the ticket number. This will help easily identify and link emails to the corresponding ticket. 

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation, @Josh@ClaraDelabrosse@danmoyle any recommendations for @Onloop matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !