Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

BML
Teilnehmer/-in

"Fake user" to own unassigned companies

lösung

Hello

Hubspot sales (professional).

We have various teams mimicking our departments. Team ownership and access is still a bit mysterious to me.

I am thinking of creating a "fake user" who would own by default all "unassigned" companies for each team. That would allow each team to have visibility.

Is this an OK way of doing it? Any better way?

Thanks in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @BML,

Thanks for the added context. Yes, if you want an unassigned contact/company to be visible to certain teams only, you'd have to find a workaround. HubSpot's standard permissions do not have any options for this requirement.

This is probably personal preference, but I would rather assign these unassigned contacts/companies to a team lead who will then take care of further assigning the contacts/companies – instead of assigning them to fake users. However both would be viable options.

Let me know if that answers the question for you!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten
BusterPike
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

lösung

To get reports built beforehand, I'm thinking about creating a bunch of fake accounts to be able to assign record owners to. Use case is to start with fake accounts (fake_account+username1@gmail.com, fake_account+username2@gmail.com, etc.). Plan would be to do this temporarily, until I'm ready to add the real users to the HubSpot portal - at which time I'd then re-assign all records owned by fake_account+username1@gmail.com to username1@companydomain.com  - anyone think of any downsides?

0 Upvotes
BML
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@karstenkoehler  thanks for replying.

My issue is when a company has no obvious/active owner and we want to make it viewable/editable to the team in charge. Like a "VC investor" should not be accessible to the Sales team but to the Finance team. We need to assign a company to a "team" or a "territory" but that is not doable.  So we can create a "fake user" that would be a "default Finance user" and assign them by default to that user. Same for each team. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @BML,

Thanks for the added context. Yes, if you want an unassigned contact/company to be visible to certain teams only, you'd have to find a workaround. HubSpot's standard permissions do not have any options for this requirement.

This is probably personal preference, but I would rather assign these unassigned contacts/companies to a team lead who will then take care of further assigning the contacts/companies – instead of assigning them to fake users. However both would be viable options.

Let me know if that answers the question for you!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BML
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

thanks

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @BML,

Could you provide a bit more context, who should be able to see which records in your portal? For example, if there are a team A and B, what should they be able to see and what not?

I would not recommend working with fake users. There is usually an "official" way to accomplish this.

This section in the user permissions guide details these permissions. Which part is unclear here? Happy to help!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
HRrista
Mitglied

lösung

Hi @karstenkoehler

How do I go about actually creating a fake user? Do I need to create a fake email address as well and invite this user via that email address, or is there a simpler way? I'm dealing with the same problem as the other participant in this thread.  

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @HRrista,

I'd still recommend assigning these records to a team lead but if you want to create a fake user, then yes, you'd need an email address, like for any other user, and invite this email address as a user in your HubSpot portal.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes