Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

PivotSLC_TR
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

one contact multiple personas

SOLVE

So, I work with a non-profit organization and am thinking about how best to create personas. I feel like we have people who like to volunteer, people who like to go on our hikes, AND people who do both. Each has different goals/challenges for doing what they do.

I can create a Valerie Volunteer and a Harry Hiker but what about those who do both? Can someone have two personas?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PivotSLC_TR,

Yes! You can have as many as 3 or even 5 personas, especially in your case where you have targets who meet all of your persona categories.

In this case, while it may not be ideal to have Harry Hiker or Valerie Volunteer individually have both personas (like drawing two separate personas for either of them), it may be perfect to have Valerie Volunteer as the one who likes to volunteer, Harry Hiker as the guy who loves hiking, and Agile Donald as the guy who loves to do both.

Hope this help

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PivotSLC_TR,

From what you're describing, it sounds like a valid option that contacts would have two personas. In general, I think, the model suggests that there should be only one per person but in your case, it's apparent how useful it would be to apply two.

The Persona property is a dropdown select property in HubSpot, so it limits the selection for a contact to one. If you want to be able to select multiple personas, you'd have to create a new property as multiple checkboxes and copy the values from the 'old' property into the new one.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @PivotSLC_TR,

Yes! You can have as many as 3 or even 5 personas, especially in your case where you have targets who meet all of your persona categories.

In this case, while it may not be ideal to have Harry Hiker or Valerie Volunteer individually have both personas (like drawing two separate personas for either of them), it may be perfect to have Valerie Volunteer as the one who likes to volunteer, Harry Hiker as the guy who loves hiking, and Agile Donald as the guy who loves to do both.

Hope this help

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs