Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

YRudansky

newbie help

SOLVE

Hi Im new to hubspot and am lost in the softaware

I currently am trying to import my excel spreadsheet.

I have columns detailing how much each client spent each inidivdual year for the last several years and I am not sure what those columns should be reffered to as while I am uploading my excel spreadsheet. Is there anyone who can help a noob get acquainted to the hubspot community?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
dwightbailey
Solution
Contributor

newbie help

SOLVE

You can create custom fields in HubSpot - name the fields the same as the column titles on your Excel sheet and when importing you simply map the Excel column titles to the custom fields in HubSpot.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

newbie help

SOLVE

Hi @YRudansky,

Each column in your import file needs to correspond to a property in HubSpot. For some cases HubSpot has standard properties, in this case not. You can create these easily by following these steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties#create-custom-properties

Once created, you can map them during the import process. If you name them exactly alike (column = property), HubSpot will automatically map them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

newbie help

SOLVE

Hi @YRudansky,

Each column in your import file needs to correspond to a property in HubSpot. For some cases HubSpot has standard properties, in this case not. You can create these easily by following these steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/manage-your-properties#create-custom-properties

Once created, you can map them during the import process. If you name them exactly alike (column = property), HubSpot will automatically map them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

dwightbailey
Solution
Contributor

newbie help

SOLVE

You can create custom fields in HubSpot - name the fields the same as the column titles on your Excel sheet and when importing you simply map the Excel column titles to the custom fields in HubSpot.