Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

VStover
Participant

all deals from a contact moving to same pipeline stage

We have two pipelines and different type of deals associated with each. Contacts can have 2 deals (one for each pipeline).  We created an automation that moves a deal (from pipeline 1) from stage A to stage B.  The result is that all deals regardless of what pipeline they are associated with show up on pipeline 1  stage B.  

I believe I know where the issue is:

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 3.26.23 PM.png

In the automation, the set property value for the target Object Deals  only provides me with a single choice in the association to object. That choice is "All Deals".  How can I change the association to object to  deals associated with pipeline 1 only?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
jforte
Top Contributor

Hey @VStover 

You have two option:

1) You set association labels to each deal like Deal 01 <> Contact 01 Association Label Main and Deal 02 <> Contact 01 Association Label: Other and then instead of "All Deals" in the workflow you can select the one with Main Label.

2) You build an deal based workflow triggered that can also be triggered with contact information and then just make a if then to the pipeline they are. Example: Contact 01 have 2 associated deals, for some reason he trigger de deal based workflow (since he have 2 associated deals it will trigger for both) then on the if then branch asking if the deal it's on pipeline 01 the deal 01 will follow and set it's stage to b and Deal 02 will go for the criteria none meet branch and the workflow will end to it.

José Forte - Hubspot ChampJosé Pedro Forte
RevOps Manager at Infraspeak

• Hubspot Champion User - 2019
• Marketing Hub Champion User - 2020
• +100 Hubspot Community Kudos - 2023
• Community Champion - 2023

Hubspot headaches? Let's turn Oh's into workflows!

Let's Connect !
VStover
Participant

I think I figured it out! The automation needs to be a deal. This is what I found, which turned on my lightbulb  - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Workflow-Moving-Multiple-Deals/m-p/456124#M127793 

I am working on it now and so far so good!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great! I'm glad to hear it's working so far, @VStover!  

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @VStover,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I would like to add our experts to this conversation to see if they have any advice.

Hi @klloyd__1@Kevin-C@jforte - Do you have any tips you would like to share with @VStover

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes