Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Jasondreammaker
Miembro

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

Hey People 

Any best practices about when to use a sequence vs a workflow and vice versa?

For example ... What if I booked a sales presentation with a potential new customer.  This event triggers a bunch of tasks that must be done ... ie appointment confirmation email/research potential client / modify presentation for the target audience etc what

would be the better tool to use in this scenario... sequence or workflow? Are there hard rules to apply when thinking about how to use workflows vs sequences?? THanks in advance everyone!

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
dan_sitton
Solución
Colaborador

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

Hi Jason,

I find that a good rule of thumb in workflows v sequences is first determining when the trigger action occurs. For example, if I convert on a form on your website do you want that to be the trigger action or do you want the trigger action to be a future step in nurturing?

What I mean specifically is that workflows are great for higher in the funnel to determine next action and set a singular task. Sequences, on the other hand, function best when used towards the bottom of the funnel once a lead becomes SQL. If the action determines a singular, individualized contact attempt then I would recommend using workflows to set that task. However, if the trigger event puts someone within reach of your sales playbook (i.e. reaching out to schedule a product demo) then assigning a sales rep to enter that contact into the sequence would be my recommendation. You can personalize the messaging but if the next action in the deal cycle is consistent then I would use a sequence that repeatedly sets your email/call scenarios as determined by your sales playbook.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you are looking for more clarification, or if you have any further questions.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Excellent answer @dan_sitton ... this answer has become more relevant since the introduction of workflows to HubSpot Sales Pro. Both the HubSpot Marketing tool AND Sales Pro tools having workflows can get a bit confusing.

@Jasondreammaker, if you mark this question as solved the HubSpot Community will be able to see it as a searchable resource.

Thanks again all.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
kelseygalarza
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

I wrote a long blog post on this topic in case it's helpful for anyone else https://blog.orangemarketing.com/hubspot-sequences-vs.-workflows-whats-the-difference

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

Yo @Jasondreammaker, is this solved?

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
dan_sitton
Solución
Colaborador

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

Hi Jason,

I find that a good rule of thumb in workflows v sequences is first determining when the trigger action occurs. For example, if I convert on a form on your website do you want that to be the trigger action or do you want the trigger action to be a future step in nurturing?

What I mean specifically is that workflows are great for higher in the funnel to determine next action and set a singular task. Sequences, on the other hand, function best when used towards the bottom of the funnel once a lead becomes SQL. If the action determines a singular, individualized contact attempt then I would recommend using workflows to set that task. However, if the trigger event puts someone within reach of your sales playbook (i.e. reaching out to schedule a product demo) then assigning a sales rep to enter that contact into the sequence would be my recommendation. You can personalize the messaging but if the next action in the deal cycle is consistent then I would use a sequence that repeatedly sets your email/call scenarios as determined by your sales playbook.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you are looking for more clarification, or if you have any further questions.

MFrankJohnson
Solución
Líder intelectual

Workflows vs Sequences

resolver

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Excellent answer @dan_sitton ... this answer has become more relevant since the introduction of workflows to HubSpot Sales Pro. Both the HubSpot Marketing tool AND Sales Pro tools having workflows can get a bit confusing.

@Jasondreammaker, if you mark this question as solved the HubSpot Community will be able to see it as a searchable resource.

Thanks again all.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com