Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

StPatrick
Contributor

Workflows Taxonomy - Name Convention for A/B Splits

SOLVE

How to you name the emails, for example, if a workflow has the following A/B splits (did they download the lead magnet, did they download (or view) the resource)?

[Workflow number].e[email number]_email-description

1. WF01.e.01_intro and download

2. WF01.e.01a_downloaded follow up

3. WF01.e.01b_not downloaded follow up

4. WF01.e.02_some-resource-offer

2. WF01.e.02a_downloaded follow up

3. WF01.e.02b_not downloaded follow up

etc.
Thanks as always,

David

2 Accepted solutions
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StPatrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I moved your reply to a new post to ensure that it gets full visibility among our community members. 

I wanted to refer you to this related thread where community users share their thoughts on naming convention best practices. 

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have insight.

Hi @Ian_Matt@christopher-RVO@jolle - Do you have any naming convention advice for @StPatrick?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@StPatrick Great question for the HubSpot community, thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer .

Naming conventions are a great thing to introduce into your HubSpot account as it helps you track the purpose of emails and what assets they are tied to. 

I typically recommend keeping the title short and sweet while identifying the content that is in the email itself. The naming convention that you've identified is a great standard to stick to and is very scalable as you add new staff. 

Another clever solution that I've seen is the introduction of emojis in the title and using emojis as global tags. This works well if you have a small batch of workflows. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
StPatrick
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you. 

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @StPatrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I moved your reply to a new post to ensure that it gets full visibility among our community members. 

I wanted to refer you to this related thread where community users share their thoughts on naming convention best practices. 

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have insight.

Hi @Ian_Matt@christopher-RVO@jolle - Do you have any naming convention advice for @StPatrick?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@StPatrick Great question for the HubSpot community, thanks for the tag @kvlschaefer .

Naming conventions are a great thing to introduce into your HubSpot account as it helps you track the purpose of emails and what assets they are tied to. 

I typically recommend keeping the title short and sweet while identifying the content that is in the email itself. The naming convention that you've identified is a great standard to stick to and is very scalable as you add new staff. 

Another clever solution that I've seen is the introduction of emojis in the title and using emojis as global tags. This works well if you have a small batch of workflows. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8