Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

VIyengar
Contributor

Workflow to check deals w/ overdue or no tasks

SOLVE

Hi,

!Newbie alert!

I have a lot of legacy and inactive deals in my pipeline and I want to setup a filter, which will show me all deals with:

1) No tasks assigned;

2) Overdue tasks

I've tried using workflow following this solution: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Identify-deals-with-no-open-tasks/m-p/691482
but it doesn't seem to work... 

In the end I still get a mix of deals with no tasks and overdue tasks. Does anyone know how to setup the workflow that will check/uncheck a property (see link) regularly depending on whether there are open tasks and overdue tasks?

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ChrisBabelquest
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

The statuses don't have a cut and dried definition beyond their names and peoples interpretations

You could use 'task status is none of completed' combined with Activity date is more than x days ago. This would pick up deals with associated tasks that were due to be complete but have not been marked as complete.

The simplest way to view it would be to use the tasks area and create a filtered view of incomplete or overdue tasks that are associated with deals illustrated in the image) - no workflows required 

Chris Grant

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ChrisBabelquest

SOLVE

Not the workflow answer you wanted but - you could use the custom report builder to view this info. Using deals as the primary data source and activities as the secondary. Use the KPI style report with count of deals, then use filters to either show deals with no task associated or deals with a task with a due date in the past.
You could also filter by deal owner to break down the reports or add them to each salespersons personal dahboard. Don't forget to add any relevant properties to the 'fields' section so that they are available via drill down. 

You may also want to look at deals with a close date in the past or no activity for a period of time - it might be a better indicator of whether the deal is still live as salespeople don't always remember to create and complete tasks 🙂 

Chris Grant
VIyengar
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply @ChrisBabelquest ! Ideally I'd prefer to do it via workflows for easy on-the-go filtering. I think it should be possible using the task status, but I can't seem to find the definition of the statuses to figure out which ones to use.

Within the deal, the task history status only goes from "Not started" to "Completed" but in the workflow I see the few options listed below:

Not startedIn progressWaitingCompleted, or Deferred

Would you happen to know what exactly the following statuses mean and if any of them signifies an overdue task?

Thanks,

V

0 Upvotes
ChrisBabelquest
Solution

SOLVE

The statuses don't have a cut and dried definition beyond their names and peoples interpretations

You could use 'task status is none of completed' combined with Activity date is more than x days ago. This would pick up deals with associated tasks that were due to be complete but have not been marked as complete.

The simplest way to view it would be to use the tasks area and create a filtered view of incomplete or overdue tasks that are associated with deals illustrated in the image) - no workflows required 

Chris Grant