Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

LBeeson

Workflow not updating contact info

SOLVE

Hi, we're running a workflow that updates information on a contacts record when a meeting has been booked using the Hubspot calendar link. This is working for the majority of users, bar 1. I have run a number of tests and checked the user settings, but can't see anything that would explain why it's not working. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any tips on troubleshooting?
Thanks, Lucy

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBeeson,

Do you mind recreating your workflow with the classic triggers? (Delete all existing triggers, re-add them following the classic steps.)

I have a hunch that the new trigger experience requires the event completion (booked meeting) is only registered after the workflow has been turned on.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
LBeeson

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

I updated the dummy contact info to match the workflow requirements.  I can see that a meeting has been arranged (using the Hubspot calendar link) and that all of the other criteria matches. We also examples of other contacts who should've enrolled in the workflow, but didn't who are owned by the same user.  Could there be something in the users profile or calendar set up that could be causing this?

Thanks

Lucy

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBeeson,

I need you to follow the troubleshooting steps from my replies, otherwise we likely won't find a solution here. As per my previous reply, can you please test your contact against the workflow criteria?

karstenkoehler_0-1699951831586.png

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
LBeeson

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

Oddly, I don't have that option on this workflow.  I can see it on others we've set up.

LBeeson_0-1699952507721.png

Thanks

Lucy

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBeeson,

Do you mind recreating your workflow with the classic triggers? (Delete all existing triggers, re-add them following the classic steps.)

I have a hunch that the new trigger experience requires the event completion (booked meeting) is only registered after the workflow has been turned on.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBeeson,

Can you explain how exactly you're testing? The most common issue is that re-enrollment is not enabled: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/add-re-enrollment-triggers-to-a-workflow

This would prevent a contact from entering a workflow twice, typically an issue when testing with the same email address multiple times.

If that's not it, can you please share a screenshot of your workflow and more details about how you're testing and why you think it's not working?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

LBeeson

SOLVE

Hi Karsten

Thanks for the swift response.  Contacts are able to re enrol in this particular workflow. This would've been the first time for contact though.  

I can see that the workflow is working for lots of other users.  So, I tested with a dummy contact, owned by the user who flagged the problem.  I made sure they met all of the correct criteria.  But they still didn't enrol into the workflow.

Have you seen anything like this before?

WorkflowWorkflowEnrolment criteriaEnrolment criteria

Thanks again

Lucy

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @LBeeson,

When you edit the enrolment criteria, you can test the contact against the criteria. What do you see when you do that?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes