Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

SBlakeman
Contributor

Workflow internal email personalisation tokens

SOLVE

If I create a workflow that sends an internal email when a deal meets a certain stage, I can only add Deal personlisatrions tokens to the internal email?!?!

How can I add Company fileds from the deals acosiated company?!?!

SBlakeman_0-1638112838810.png

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBlakeman,

This is indeed a limitation of internal notifications in workflows. It's not possible to reference personalization tokens from any object other than the one that is currently enrolled in the workflow.

The only workaround I'm currently aware of is creating a custom property on the deal object that corresponds to the contact or company property that you'd like to include in your internal email notification. You would then create a contact-based workflow to copy the information from the contact record into the deal record, and the same for the company record:

karstenkoehler_0-1638114822588.png

Not ideal, I know, it feels redundant and wrong. However, that way you could make the information you're interested in available on the deal record and use it as a personalization token.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SBlakeman,

This is indeed a limitation of internal notifications in workflows. It's not possible to reference personalization tokens from any object other than the one that is currently enrolled in the workflow.

The only workaround I'm currently aware of is creating a custom property on the deal object that corresponds to the contact or company property that you'd like to include in your internal email notification. You would then create a contact-based workflow to copy the information from the contact record into the deal record, and the same for the company record:

karstenkoehler_0-1638114822588.png

Not ideal, I know, it feels redundant and wrong. However, that way you could make the information you're interested in available on the deal record and use it as a personalization token.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.