Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Henryyeung
Participante

Workflow help - status change

resolver

Hello everyone, 

I have set a property to determine with the company level, which has 3 levels: Excellent, Monitor, and Alert. The level is calculated by the level scores.

Since the score will be calculated every day, the company level will be changed every day too.

I am trying to create a workflow, to notify my colleagues if the company level is changed from Excellent to Monitor, then will create a task for my colleagues and send external email to the contacts.

What I have set for the enrollment trigger:

- Level is any of monitor 

- Level has been updated in the last 1 day (As the level may change everyday)

- Level has ever been any of excellent

But now I have an obstacle is that, if I set like above, the workflow will trigger as well if the company level on the last day is ALERT but changed to MONITOR today, as this company level may have ever been any of EXCELLENT a week ago.

Is there any way to optimize my workflow so that I can achieve my goal? Since Hubspot workflow does not have any condition of "Level is changed from excellent"

Thanks.

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @Henryyeung,

I've detailed one way to solve for this here: workflow triggered when property value from a specific value to another value

The idea here is that you always copy the value from the original property (1) into another property (2). By default, copying this value would take a few seconds. However, if we use a delay, there is always a window when the assisting property (2) still has the old value. You can then simply reference the discrepancy between old/new in your actual workflow.

Specifically, the second workflow in the post above would read like this: "[original] Level is any of Monitor AND [assisting] Level is any of Excellent". In the five minute window, the task could be created. (I know, this feels very high maintenance for what should be a simple feature.)

Let me know if you have any issues following my instructions, happy to elaborate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @Henryyeung,

I've detailed one way to solve for this here: workflow triggered when property value from a specific value to another value

The idea here is that you always copy the value from the original property (1) into another property (2). By default, copying this value would take a few seconds. However, if we use a delay, there is always a window when the assisting property (2) still has the old value. You can then simply reference the discrepancy between old/new in your actual workflow.

Specifically, the second workflow in the post above would read like this: "[original] Level is any of Monitor AND [assisting] Level is any of Excellent". In the five minute window, the task could be created. (I know, this feels very high maintenance for what should be a simple feature.)

Let me know if you have any issues following my instructions, happy to elaborate.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Henryyeung
Participante

resolver

Hi Karsten Köhler,

Am I set it right?

Health score level = original level

Previous health score level = assisting level

Workflow 1. 

Henryyeung_0-1642581152190.png

Workflow 2.

Henryyeung_1-1642581257302.png

From my understanding, there is 5 mins delay gap to prevent today's level equal to the previous level, so Workflow 2 will trigger. So if I set a longer delay gap, like 15 mins, Workflow 2 will still trigger? 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @Henryyeung,

I would probably call the property "Health Score Level (Delayed)" instead of "Previous Health score level", to avoid confusion, but otherwise yes. Workflow 1 is correct.

From workflow 2, you can remove "Health Score Level has been updated in the last 1 day". Instead, click into the Company enrollment trigger field, switch to the Re-enrollment tab in the right sidebar and check the box for "Health Score Level is any of Monitor (8-11pts)".

And yes, a longer delay would also work. With this delay, we're allowing HubSpot to compare the current and the previous value. I wouldn't make it shorter, sometimes workflows need a minute or two to get started, especially if you have a lot of workflows. I don't think you have to set it much longer, however.

Disclaimer: I'm not able to test this within your environment. This should work but if you can, I'd recommend switching on the first workflow, waiting a bit and then using the test feature on the second workflow to see if it works as intended.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler