Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

YuliaD
Contributor

Workflow for Counting Support Tickets

SOLVE

Hi! I'm trying to set a workflow for counting Tickets associated to a Company. 
We want to set a workflow so it would create a new Customer Success Ticket for each Company that had more than 3 new Support Tickets Last 7 days.

1. I tried to create a workflow that would enroll each Company with a new Ticket (filter: Support Pipeline + Create date is less than 1 day ago) and check every day (for 7 days) if there is a new Support Ticket created in last 24 hours. Every branch with more than 3 Support Tickets is set to create a new CS Ticket for this Company.

But this way I can count only 1 new Support Ticket per day, so I would miss a Company that would have a few Support Tickets opened in one day.

2. Then I also tried to create a workflow that would count Support Tickets for each Company. I created a Company prooperty: Number of Associated Tickets (Support) and set the Workflow to increase this amount by 1 for each new Support Ticket assosiated with this Company. This Workflow is adding 1 for the first Support Ticket but for some reason is not Re-enrolling the Company for new Support Tickets after the first one.

Any ideas on how I can set a workflow to create a new Customer Success Ticket for each Company that had more than 3 new Support Tickets Last 7 days would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YuliaD,

I may have a solution for you here. First, you would create a ticket checkbox field that lets us identify tickets created in the past 7 days easily:

karstenkoehler_0-1657200739938.png

You can then create a company calculation property to count the number of associated tickets with that checkbox:

karstenkoehler_2-1657201068125.png

You can now use this calculation property as an enrollment criterion for your actual (company-based) workflow; the one that creates the new ticket. (By the way, you could consider sending an internal email notification instead of creating another ticket. Or creating a dashboard to easily identify these companies.)

Let me know if you need additional information here!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @YuliaD,

I may have a solution for you here. First, you would create a ticket checkbox field that lets us identify tickets created in the past 7 days easily:

karstenkoehler_0-1657200739938.png

You can then create a company calculation property to count the number of associated tickets with that checkbox:

karstenkoehler_2-1657201068125.png

You can now use this calculation property as an enrollment criterion for your actual (company-based) workflow; the one that creates the new ticket. (By the way, you could consider sending an internal email notification instead of creating another ticket. Or creating a dashboard to easily identify these companies.)

Let me know if you need additional information here!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

YuliaD
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes