Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

JDuPlessis3
Participant

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Good day

Is there a way to copy the URL of an object or task to another deal or task using a workflow? or by creating a note on the object with the URL?

It would be great if there is that function as we copy a deal to another pipeline and when it is copied the people working in that deal needs to get a referral of where that deal came from. So a URL seems to be the easiest way possible.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hello @JDuPlessis3 ,

I think you do not need to copy url of deal or ticket you just need to associate other objects. 

I suggest you to refer this wonderful knowledgebase to know step by step process of associating objects. And its very easy and convenient. Click here

And yes if you're question is you want a previous deal URL in yoir new deal automatically. Then I think yes it can be done I have one workaround for this but this will only work if you creating new deal via workflow.  

1. First create a single line text property in deal object 
  2. And then in a workflow where you creating new deal through action named as create record you can add one morte property to copy innew deal.
  3. Now you need to choose "Record Id" from current deal and choose that property you have created in first step for copying

By these steps whenever you're new deal get created that new deal property get updated by previous record ID so you can refer with this. 

I hope this will helps you. 

Thank you 
Shubham Nigam

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hi @JDuPlessis3,

Out of the box, you can't copy information from one record to another if they're of the same object / record type (e.g. deal). Workflows let you copy information from one object's record to another object's record (e.g. deal to company) but not within the same object. (Copy actions are based on object associations and records of the same object can't be associated with each other.)

Have you considered adding the referral information to the original deal so that when it's copied, this referral information is copied as well? If you're using a workflow to create the deal copy, in the deal creation step, you can specify additional fields that should be filled on the new deal. If you create a referral field, this could be a part of this step. You could populate this referral field with any value, static or using a personalization token that pulls in a value from the original deal enrolled in the workflow.

Another option would be using another object as a "messenger", e.g. copying information from deal to associated company back to all associated deals.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JDuPlessis3
Solution
Participant

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hi Nigam

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate all the assistance. I was able to solve this by creating a single-line text box to copy the record id and past it into another property via a workflow.

Thank you

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hi @JDuPlessis3,

Out of the box, you can't copy information from one record to another if they're of the same object / record type (e.g. deal). Workflows let you copy information from one object's record to another object's record (e.g. deal to company) but not within the same object. (Copy actions are based on object associations and records of the same object can't be associated with each other.)

Have you considered adding the referral information to the original deal so that when it's copied, this referral information is copied as well? If you're using a workflow to create the deal copy, in the deal creation step, you can specify additional fields that should be filled on the new deal. If you create a referral field, this could be a part of this step. You could populate this referral field with any value, static or using a personalization token that pulls in a value from the original deal enrolled in the workflow.

Another option would be using another object as a "messenger", e.g. copying information from deal to associated company back to all associated deals.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JDuPlessis3
Participant

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Thank you, the issue is solved. 

I created a single-line text box and copied the record id of the object task and past it on the other task in the same object but in different pipelines. this action was created in a workflow to copy a property to another property in the same object. 

Thank you

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hello @JDuPlessis3 ,

I think you do not need to copy url of deal or ticket you just need to associate other objects. 

I suggest you to refer this wonderful knowledgebase to know step by step process of associating objects. And its very easy and convenient. Click here

And yes if you're question is you want a previous deal URL in yoir new deal automatically. Then I think yes it can be done I have one workaround for this but this will only work if you creating new deal via workflow.  

1. First create a single line text property in deal object 
  2. And then in a workflow where you creating new deal through action named as create record you can add one morte property to copy innew deal.
  3. Now you need to choose "Record Id" from current deal and choose that property you have created in first step for copying

By these steps whenever you're new deal get created that new deal property get updated by previous record ID so you can refer with this. 

I hope this will helps you. 

Thank you 
Shubham Nigam

JDuPlessis3
Solution
Participant

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Hi Nigam

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate all the assistance. I was able to solve this by creating a single-line text box to copy the record id and past it into another property via a workflow.

Thank you

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Workflow copy URL

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing how you solved this, @JDuPlessis3!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes