Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

spencerb
Participant

Workflow Re-enrollment

SOLVE

Should abandoned cart workflow be open to enrollment?

A customer who buys semi-regularly or has bought multiple times in the past abandons cart - should this person get re-enrolled in the abandon cart workflow?

Just seeking other opinions - thanks!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Tnichs
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Workflow Re-enrollment

SOLVE

HI Spencer.

In my opinion, yes they should be re-enrolled as the workflow is very transactional in nature - i.e. they are performing a relevant action and the workflow will help them towards completion.

You could of course limit the amount of times they enter the workflow or put a time limit so that they can't enter it again within X amount of days.

To do this, you'd create a custom yes/no property - at the start of the abandoned cart workflow have an if/then branch that checked for this property - Then the property=yes then do nothing, if no, then change it to Yes and continue with the emails.  Then at the end put a delay of X days and then changes the property back to No  at the end of the workflow.

Hope that all makes sense

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero

View solution in original post

DanielSanchez
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

Workflow Re-enrollment

SOLVE

Hi @spencerb 

In my opinion must be re-enrolled yes, because I understand that if the customer accessed and put in the cart, he has a% chance of return and purchase. With each passing day, this percentage decreases, so I consider each and every product in the cart, no matter if him are an active customer or not, it is mandatory to participate in the flow.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DanielSanchez
Solution

Workflow Re-enrollment

SOLVE

Hi @spencerb 

In my opinion must be re-enrolled yes, because I understand that if the customer accessed and put in the cart, he has a% chance of return and purchase. With each passing day, this percentage decreases, so I consider each and every product in the cart, no matter if him are an active customer or not, it is mandatory to participate in the flow.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Best regards!

Tnichs
Solution

Workflow Re-enrollment

SOLVE

HI Spencer.

In my opinion, yes they should be re-enrolled as the workflow is very transactional in nature - i.e. they are performing a relevant action and the workflow will help them towards completion.

You could of course limit the amount of times they enter the workflow or put a time limit so that they can't enter it again within X amount of days.

To do this, you'd create a custom yes/no property - at the start of the abandoned cart workflow have an if/then branch that checked for this property - Then the property=yes then do nothing, if no, then change it to Yes and continue with the emails.  Then at the end put a delay of X days and then changes the property back to No  at the end of the workflow.

Hope that all makes sense

klood digital, become the HubSpot Hero