Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

Cherr01
Participant

Workflow If/Then Branch Bypass

SOLVE

I have a workflow setup for all of my webinars forms in the enrollment trigger with re-enrollment triggers setup. 

I am running into an issue where when someone enrolls in the workflow, it works the first time, but if they enroll again using a different form, it takes them down the same branch everytime, rather than going to the new branch. 

Is there a way to create a bypass to go to the most recent form submission or do I have to create a new workflow for every-single form? 

1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Cherr01  Are you using the field 'Recent Conversion' for the branches in the workflow? That would allow for re-routing based upon their most recent form submission. The only caveat to this would be you would need to add a new workflow branch per new form you create.

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@Cherr01  Are you using the field 'Recent Conversion' for the branches in the workflow? That would allow for re-routing based upon their most recent form submission. The only caveat to this would be you would need to add a new workflow branch per new form you create.

ChrisoKlepke
Key Advisor | Elite Partner
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Cherr01 ,

happy to try and help out here. 

Can you tell me what the criteria in the if then branches are? The way I understand your setup is that oyu have an individual form for each webinar. You could easily update a property with a hidden field within that form that reflects the current webinar. This gets then updated every time a contact/user submits a form. 

Making these criteria in the selection for each branch would then ensure the contact drops into the respective one. You see, the way if thens work is by looking if the contact meet the respective criteria from left to right. Meaning, if a contact is eligible for multiple branches due to the criteria, it will always drop into the closest to the left. 

I really hope this points you in a new direction, but you are welcome to ask follow-up questions if didn't understand your case entirely. 

If you found this post helpful, consider helping others in the community to find answers faster by marking this as a solution. I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Chriso

Cherr01
Participant

SOLVE

@ChrisoKlepke @I am currently using just the form submission as the trigger for each workflow branch. 

Cherr01_0-1664987744750.png

@christopher-RVO What is the recent conversion field? Does that update with the most recent item filled out everytime? 

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

That is correct, it is a native field that Hubspot tracks autonomously. 

0 Upvotes