Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

kmilnes
Participant

Workaround to clearing Entered Stage and "Entered Stage Date?

Based on other posts, it seems that the Entered Stage and Entered Stage Date properties are not editable. I'm wondering if anyone has found a clever way around that. 

I have a few deals that were erroneously moved down funnel, which has thrown off our reporting. I want to be able to use the trust the funnel reports but can't do so without being able to edit these properties. 

4 Replies 4
kmilnes
Participant

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply - can you elaborate a bit? I think I've done half of your suggestion. 

I have custom datestamp properties that correspond to deal stages. And I'm using a workflow based on those custom date properties to move deals from one deal stage to another. 

The trouble is if someone manually changes a deal to a future deal stage or incorrectly populates one of my custom properties. I can move them back to the right deal stage and clear my custom properties.

But the incorrect move populated the Entered Deal Stage and Entered Deal Stage Date properties, and it throws off my funnel report because I can't clear those properties. I hope that makes sense.

Are you saying that I can create a custom funnel report based on my custom field? Because I'm only seeing it based on deal stages. 

Thanks!

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hey @kmilnes. I believe in either the single object report tool (focused on the Deal object) or in a custom report (Deal, too) you should be able to report on the data points in a funnel format. 

I also see that in the Deals Funnel report, you can add additional filters, where you should be able to add your custom date properties. That's where I'd "play" and see what you can see with your data story. 

I don't have those properties in my own HubSpot instance, so I can't give an example. But that's how I'd attack the plan. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
0 Upvotes
danmoyle

Hi @kmilnes

Insead of using HubSpot standard properties, I'd consider creating custom date properties and using a workflow to stamp the date when it's moved. This would give you the power and flexibility you're looking for.

Then you can build your own funnel report with a single object report on Deals and the property you've created.

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kmilnes 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @danmoyle @Josh @NicoleSengers would you have any solution or workaround regarding this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes