Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

CMinarovic

Why are my sequences always "pausing" when I enroll my contacts?

SOLVE

I have created a few sequences and when I enroll my contacts and start my sequence it automatically pauses all of the contacts and it does not allow me to "resume". Please help as this is happening frequently and I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong.

2 Accepted solutions
CateDuarte
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CMinarovic some things cross my mind:

- are you enrolling contacts in different sequences at the same time? 

- may be an issue of surpassing the email limits you can send per day?  500 or 1000 depending on having Enterprise ou Professional 

- might it be the sequence setup? - does your sequence include tasks? it might be pausing contacts as these are not yet completed (not sure pausing is showing up right when enrolling)

Would really need to see the sequence itself if none of these. 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com

View solution in original post

JOpie
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

The actual solution was even simpler: sequences pause, for instance, if one of your users, when they create the sequence, uses "send email" rather than "automatically send email", which will then wait until the email is sent (and if sales managers fail to review their tasks then they don't see all those emails waiting for them to send). Further, if you send an email automatically, set a task, then send another email automatically, the sequence will pause until the task is completed (as it should!!!). Solution is to allow the task to be created without waiting for it to be completed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JOpie
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

The actual solution was even simpler: sequences pause, for instance, if one of your users, when they create the sequence, uses "send email" rather than "automatically send email", which will then wait until the email is sent (and if sales managers fail to review their tasks then they don't see all those emails waiting for them to send). Further, if you send an email automatically, set a task, then send another email automatically, the sequence will pause until the task is completed (as it should!!!). Solution is to allow the task to be created without waiting for it to be completed.

JOpie
Top Contributor

SOLVE

One of my users just ran into the same problem. 9 contacts enrolled, but after enrollment (first action is to send an email automatically) everything is on pause...

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JOpie,

Thanks for reaching out!

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
CateDuarte
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CMinarovic some things cross my mind:

- are you enrolling contacts in different sequences at the same time? 

- may be an issue of surpassing the email limits you can send per day?  500 or 1000 depending on having Enterprise ou Professional 

- might it be the sequence setup? - does your sequence include tasks? it might be pausing contacts as these are not yet completed (not sure pausing is showing up right when enrolling)

Would really need to see the sequence itself if none of these. 

Catarina Duarte

Senior Consultant | Periti Digital
Email: cduarte@peritidigital.com