Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

DGilmour6

Where do I find the parameter "parentpageURL"?

SOLVE

Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this. So we use the meeting link on different website pages and I need to understand, on which page the client fills out the form and book a demo.

I noticed that HubSpot automatically sends the parentPageUrl parameter:SE Ranking — Scalable SEO Software for Agencies and Pros 2023-03-27 15-51-10.jpg

Is there a way to display this parameter somewhere in Hubspot (contacts/lists), so I could filter all the clients who filled out the form? 

Or let me know if there's another way to understand which website page was used to book a demo call. 

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @DGilmour6, thanks for reaching out!

And thanks for the tag, @MiaSrebrnjak!

So even though HubSpot Meetings links are treated like form submissions, it doesn't look like they'll display the conversion URL on the contact record timeline like a normal form would (likely because the meeting scheduler isn't always directly embedded on a page).

There may be a more technical solution here, but here are my thoughts on tracking this:

1. Create a unique HubSpot Meetings link for each placement

This isn't ideal, but it is one way to ensure that you know exactly which pages produced booked meetings. If you know that someone can access an embedded HubSpot meeting scheduler only on one specific page, then you'll know that's the URL that produced your booked meeting. A solid naming convention that includes the page title/URL should allow you to easily report on the meetings booked by link as well.

This may be a lift depending on how many website pages include the meeting scheduler, but it is an option.

2. Create unique lists for each URL

This option will work only if all of your pages are built in HubSpot. When created. list of contacts who have filled out a particular HubSpot Meetings link, you can further refine them by the exact page URL:

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 12.49.28 PM.png

You could potentially create a separate list for each page and keep track of the meetings link submissions page URL that way.

3. Use Google Analytics

You now have the option to redirect traffic to a custom thank you page under the "Scheduling" tab in the Meetings link editor:

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 12.52.46 PM.png

You could send traffic to a thank you page that will trigger a goal/event in Google Analytics (more info in this thread). You should then be able to check out the pages that are viewed before that conversion takes place. Just note that there's a 3-second delay before the user is redirected to your thank you page (that's been causing trouble for some users).

I know that none of these are perfect solutions, but hopefully they help get you closer to your ideal state! I also strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum if you aren't able to find the functionality you need.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @DGilmour6, thanks for reaching out!

And thanks for the tag, @MiaSrebrnjak!

So even though HubSpot Meetings links are treated like form submissions, it doesn't look like they'll display the conversion URL on the contact record timeline like a normal form would (likely because the meeting scheduler isn't always directly embedded on a page).

There may be a more technical solution here, but here are my thoughts on tracking this:

1. Create a unique HubSpot Meetings link for each placement

This isn't ideal, but it is one way to ensure that you know exactly which pages produced booked meetings. If you know that someone can access an embedded HubSpot meeting scheduler only on one specific page, then you'll know that's the URL that produced your booked meeting. A solid naming convention that includes the page title/URL should allow you to easily report on the meetings booked by link as well.

This may be a lift depending on how many website pages include the meeting scheduler, but it is an option.

2. Create unique lists for each URL

This option will work only if all of your pages are built in HubSpot. When created. list of contacts who have filled out a particular HubSpot Meetings link, you can further refine them by the exact page URL:

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 12.49.28 PM.png

You could potentially create a separate list for each page and keep track of the meetings link submissions page URL that way.

3. Use Google Analytics

You now have the option to redirect traffic to a custom thank you page under the "Scheduling" tab in the Meetings link editor:

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 12.52.46 PM.png

You could send traffic to a thank you page that will trigger a goal/event in Google Analytics (more info in this thread). You should then be able to check out the pages that are viewed before that conversion takes place. Just note that there's a 3-second delay before the user is redirected to your thank you page (that's been causing trouble for some users).

I know that none of these are perfect solutions, but hopefully they help get you closer to your ideal state! I also strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case in the HubSpot Ideas forum if you aren't able to find the functionality you need.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
DGilmour6

SOLVE

Amazing, thanks, Jacob!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DGilmour6,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @Alex_Elborn@jolle@Leadstreet-M, do you have any advice for @DGilmour6? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings