Tips, Tricks & Best Practices

EmAll
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Where can I store salesperson personal data

SOLVE

Hi there,

At our organization we work with travelling salesperson and territories. I would need to calculate their journey throughout the week, we will use an add-on for that part, but I still I need to store their personnal details (address, assigned territory) to start with!

Any idea would be helpful! 

Best

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EmAll,

In general, HubSpot stores information in objects (contacts, companies, deals and tickets). By default, there isn't any place where you would store information about sales representatives.

Could you share some more context why you need this information to be stored in HubSpot? You're mentioning assigned territory. If you're planning on assigning contacts to sales reps by territory, you could use the HubSpot user permissions  to limit contact access for reps by territory teams: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-can-i-create-a-team-in-hubspot

(Put differently, a sales rep from territory A could be a member of team A, able to only access contacts assigned to herself or himself or to her or his team A.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EmAll,

In general, HubSpot stores information in objects (contacts, companies, deals and tickets). By default, there isn't any place where you would store information about sales representatives.

Could you share some more context why you need this information to be stored in HubSpot? You're mentioning assigned territory. If you're planning on assigning contacts to sales reps by territory, you could use the HubSpot user permissions  to limit contact access for reps by territory teams: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-can-i-create-a-team-in-hubspot

(Put differently, a sales rep from territory A could be a member of team A, able to only access contacts assigned to herself or himself or to her or his team A.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.